I recently bought a 2006 IS250 Sports Luxury. The GPS navigation worked fine initially but then has intermittently been showing the car as being in a different location. It now does not seem to know where the car is at all. I tried ejecting the DVD (Software Rev12) and re-loading but that has not done anything to fix the problem. As an aside and likely unrelated the door sill "Lexus" symbol also no longer is illuminated when the door is opened.

Suggestions??

thanks

Andrew

Are you driving in a new area? Version 12 is the original dvd the car came with in 2006, perhaps the road you are on didn't exist back then.

Alternatively check diagnostics if it receives GPS signal. There's a secret service menu you can enter into: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8150 Choose navigation diagnostics, and it will list all satellites the car can 'see'. If it sees none, or only one or two, then something is wrong.

My 06 Prestige had a similar problem about two years ago where it was showing the car was elsewhere. The dealer replaced the satnav ECU. Don't know how much it cost as it was done under warranty.

Firstly try to manually get it into right location and see if it gets lost again. If you go into settings (look somewhere in the menus) there is an option to do that. Once you do it, see if it gets lost again.

Thanks for response Danslex. Definitely on established roads. Did the menu thing and its not seeing any Satellites - not looking forward to what that cost will be!!

My RX 350 had the same problem shortly after I bought it. Turned out to be as simple as a loose antenna connection. Make sure to check the basics before shelling out big bucks.

Yeah, check the obvious things first.

Also, and I don't mean to be a Captain Obvious, but did you make sure your car was out in the open, and you gave it a few moments for the gps to try to acquire the satellites first? When my ECU was stuffed, it still picked up one or two. I also had the GPS icon in the corner, do you have one? If you got none, sounds like it's more of an antenna/connection problem, which is probably a much cheaper fix, you'd hope so anyway...