Came across something odd today, my mate owns a 07 is 250, and after a drive to the shops with the windows down we proceeded to get out with the windows still down, after hitting the lock button his windows auto lifted to close, so out of curiosity I got home and tried it on my 2011 is 350, they did not auto close, did it not come with this feature or do u have to program it some how like the auto unlock all doors feature? Much help please.

if you hold down the lock button on your FOB, the windows and sunroof close

if you hold the unlock button on your FOB, the windows and sunroof open

hope this helps

Tried this on my 2010 IS250 this morning - worked a treat. Thanks for the tip :) :)

Only problem was 1st time I let go of the button before everything was fully closed :wacko: - quickly learn't to hold the button down it it is all locked !!! :) :)

its one of those "show off" features, but also useful at the same time

theres been countless times when i've forgotten to close a window fully and the feature allows me to close it wthout having to go to the car and sit in it and start it again

My IS350 does it, always has done. Dealer showed me the feature during delivery.

Often use it when I'm walking up to my car after it has been sitting in the sun all day - hold the unlock button as soon as I'm in range and let some of the heat out before I get in.

Never leave my windows down or sunroof open/tilted because I don't like getting dust in my car so never really have to use the auto close function.

I think it's a dealer only activation. There's a few features they can lock/unlock such as disabling the audible door lock/unlock beeper, disabling the parking position for cars with electronically adjusted steering columns etc.

I reckon this would be another of those features.

Ohhh I see, the only feature the dealer changed for me was the auto unlock all 4 door instead of only drivers door, he failed to mention anything else, guess he wasnt bothered with anything else lol.

My ISF also did not do this when I first took delivery but just popped into the service centre one day and they did it for me while I had a Nespresso. Also got the lights sensitivity dialled up a bit. I am currently not too happy with the rainsensor wiper sensitivity - does not work as well as other cars I have had - not sure if it is adjustment needed or just the way the system works.

Yes the wipers sensitivity is pretty crap I agree, I've alway had to manually turn them on myself 50% of the time, Ive even thrown a bucked of water and had a delay of 3 second before they responded, this was another fail by Lexus lol.

My auto wipers work flawlessly - best I've experienced.

Lexus' hydrophobic coating on their glass also helps massively with repelling the water off the windscreen!

Auto headlights are always a bit late to illuminate - may have to get the sensitivity looked at.

i agree with the wipers, mine are pretty slow to react, and either go too slow or too fast (i've tried adjusting with the little thing you twist on the left stalk)

but, my lights work flawlessly

• 2 weeks later...

The auto headlight on feature is the only disappointment I have with my car. Latest Prius has the same problem. It's almost dark before the lights come on. Had the Prius and Lexus adjusted to most sensitive setting. Still no good. For a car made by a group as safety concsious as Toyota, I'm a little surprised.