Removing Rear Spoiler & Tow Bar

Hi all

I'm wanting to remove the rear spoiler from my 1998 gs300, for 2 reasons, and wondered if it was a messy job. From what i can see, the spoiler is easily bolted to 2 brackets. the brackets are then pop riveted (and glued by sticky foam) onto the boot. I figure once the spoiler is unbolted, the pop rivets could be drilled out. BUT, i wondered what mess is left on the boot. Is it just 2 small pop rivet holes on each side, which can be filled with some type of rubber plug, or is it much messier??

reason i'm wanting to remove spoiler is 1/ i think it looks a lot better without it. May have been the look 10 yrs ago. and 2/ i'm wanting to carry pushbikes on the back, and the spoiler prevents a portable bike carrier sitting on the boot. The alternative of carrying bikes via a towbar set up has obstacles, which brings me to another point ...a towbar.

TOWBAR FOR GS300

the only place i found in sydney that does them for the gs300 is fastfit, cost $500, then i need to buy the bike carrier on top. I found a great price on eBay for a bar, which is easily fitted by myself...cost $130 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290456467455&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 ...problem is its from the USA, and freight was quoted at $200. I'd then need to pay someone to install a plug and wiring should i ever want to tow a trailor. I'm thinking to buy from the US at this stage as my best option.

Does anyone know of a place in sydney where i might get a better deal on a towbar for the gs300??

thanks