Ct200H Digital Radio

Ben Murdoch

Hi,

I have been reading the forums on the net and have noticed that in Europe there is an add on Digital Radio (DAB/DAB+) module for the Ct200h Radio.

Has anyone imported or got the digital radio fitted in Australia? Or can anyone confirm that this module will work in Australia?

Thanks

Ben

Hi,

I have been reading the forums on the net and have noticed that in Europe there is an add on Digital Radio (DAB/DAB+) module for the Ct200h Radio.

Has anyone imported or got the digital radio fitted in Australia? Or can anyone confirm that this module will work in Australia?

Thanks

Ben

One thing that comes to mind is that the digital radio signals don't operate in all areas. Maybe its because of the vastness of Australia that we don't get that option here. In buit-up Europe I would imagine that digital radio is everywhere.

Mind you, if the unit offered AM/FM as well as digital then that would be a different matter. Also, how would it be installed if you have an integrated SATNAV/AUDIO system, there'd have to be a certain amount of "software" reconfiguration for the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

One thing that comes to mind is that the digital radio signals don't operate in all areas. Maybe its because of the vastness of Australia that we don't get that option here. In buit-up Europe I would imagine that digital radio is everywhere.

Mind you, if the unit offered AM/FM as well as digital then that would be a different matter. Also, how would it be installed if you have an integrated SATNAV/AUDIO system, there'd have to be a certain amount of "software" reconfiguration for the unit.

Assuming that its the same as the Toyota implementation of DAB on the Prius, it should come up as a separate input/band along with AM / FM etc.

Here is the link to the Lexus EU option : http://www.lexus.eu/.../equipment.aspx

It seems to be dealer fitted option: http://www.ct200hfor...dio-module.html in the UK