Rx330 - Australian Model

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I will soon be taking delivery of a brand spanking new RX330 Sports luxury - End of May to be exact.

I can't wait till I take delivery. The dealer (Lexus of Chatswood) gave me a loaner for the easter break and I took it for a spin for the days I had it. I was very impressed with the night driving. I loved every minute driving at night especially with the adaptive headlight systems.

I had an IS200 for 4 years before I sold it and now I am purchasing something completely different in an RX330. The ride is so sweet compared to the IS200. the ride is so smooth and I swear the ride over bumps/speed humps is ever so suttle. I also love the bluetooth functionality. I have an O2 XDA 2 Mini smart phone with windows 2003 SE and it detected/bonded with the device perfectly.

Anyway, I am getting my company into the Lexus Corporate program which enables me free service for 3 years and better pricing.

I am getting the metallic black exterior, but I am stumped into what interior colour I should choose. It's either the Ivory or Black interior. With the ivory you get a lighter shade of wood trim which is nice, but with the black you get a darker wood trim colour. I am steering towards the black colour. Anyone here care to comment on what interior colour looks the best - PLEASE!!!:) I need to get back to my sales contacts in regards to this soon.

Thanks

Rob

• 1 month later...

Im in the same quandry and about to do the deal too.

I like fawn leather, but its not too masculine. it looks more expensive though and looks great with a black exterior. looks more luxurious but very lexusy and dare i say japanese.

The black leather has the darker timber which i like as i HATE woodgrain anything.

looks more sporty. and more manly but the fact that its leather sometimes dissapears as its darker.

.....not helping am i :-)

jas

Im in the same quandry and about to do the deal too.

I like fawn leather, but its not too masculine. it looks more expensive though and looks great with a black exterior. looks more luxurious but very lexusy and dare i say japanese.

The black leather has the darker timber which i like as i HATE woodgrain anything.

looks more sporty. and more manly but the fact that its leather sometimes dissapears as its darker.

.....not helping am i :-)

jas

Hi Jas

I have decided to go with the black interior. It looks more sportier and I really like the darker wood trim (walnut).

Rob

who did you deal with at chatswood? do you a good deal?

didnt think the black was metalic?

jas

Jas

At Lexus of Chatswood, I dealt with Alan Thornley for the sales side of things, and a bit with lee Roberts who I dealt with to get the corp privelages.

The deal was pretty good I think. Being in the corp program allows me to get a discount off the retail price and 3 years of free service. On the road price cost $89000. With discounts etc, It goes down to $87500. I also got them to throw in Nudge Bar, Front/Reverse sensors & boot mat. I have also decided to grab the 3 year extended warranty.

How did your dealings go? How much did you end up paying for the car drive away?

You are actually right. Black is not metallic. It has a matt (think thats how you call it) finish with a nice gloss to get that nice shiny finish.

I was also talked into purchasing the pait protection ($995). Apparenty, this will help keep the shiny finish and they say you don't even have to use soap. You can just rinse and chamois the exterior.. That being true or not, I think it may be a great investment to keep the shiny look.

Rob