Garage & Mechanic

Any garage should be able to service it - it's basically all Toyota mechanicals that all workshops deal with every day.

The only time I see a Lexus dealer is when I need an IS-specific part (and most of those I buy from US dealers that charge 1/4 to 1/2 the price). Eg. cabin air filter - $90 in AU, $25 in the USA. I bought all the parts for my 150k service from either eBay or a US dealer for less than half the local price ($600 vs $1500).

• 4 months later...

Any garage should be able to service it - it's basically all Toyota mechanicals that all workshops deal with every day.

The only time I see a Lexus dealer is when I need an IS-specific part (and most of those I buy from US dealers that charge 1/4 to 1/2 the price). Eg. cabin air filter - $90 in AU, $25 in the USA. I bought all the parts for my 150k service from either eBay or a US dealer for less than half the local price ($600 vs $1500).

I need new front disc rotors for my IS300. I'm thinking of buying the part and having a mechanic fit them. If I can get em from the US cheaper that's all the better. Do you think eBay? I don't mind spending extra on quality parts- as far as I can tell they go for 100-200 dollars. Any recommendations on what to use?

Oddly enough, I'm just about to change out my IS300 front rotors as part of an upgrade to Supra TT calipers + rotors :)

I am looking to buy my new rotors from seller "performancecarpartsonline" on eBay - I have bought from them before and pickup is available. I think buying a set of rotors from the US will cost more than the rotors are worth here due to shipping.