2012 Car Cleaning Products

I understand that there has been a previous thread mentioned with regards to the topic title, but since the search found one dated back in 2003, I thought something newer was needed (http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=311&hl=cleaning#entry1896)

In the past in regards to washing my pride and joy probably now more so than before, am to a certain degree more conscious about what to use to clean the exterior. Rather than going to an expensive detailer as I have only used twice though not with my recent Lexus purchase. I have also found automated car wash places to be rather dangerous to the bodywork, even though these places are convenient and supposedly time-saving.

I have owned my present purchase for approximately 4.5 weeks; and I have been using a dry cloth to wipe finger prints, smudges and dust from the exterior without using water to keep it moderately clean. This is for a car that is parked underneath a huge carport that is unfortunately exposed to the elements.

The reason for this thread, is to determine what owners use for their pride and joy; just so that I can try to follow by example to avoid making any expensive mistakes that I may incur.

Whilst at work, I am somewhat lucky to be exposed to many automotive car care products all to my heart's content. I can look at the manufacturer websites to obtain a spiel of desirable information as well as the perchance for gimmicks from marketing that entices the consumer into buying their highly acclaimed products leaving the consumer thrilled yet uncertain to the product's overall effectiveness on your car. I have managed to find out that my boss who owns several expensive cars, uses a product called Auto Klene Wash & Shine; I am hopeful to try to acquire this product somewhere as I have just found out that the workplace does not sell this item.

Therefore if I can't find acquire it, I would have to consider something else.

What's your experiences? Any one?

You wipe with a dry cloth only ? I'd be using a soft microfibre towel with a quick detailing spray.

In my experience -

Best polish products - Menzerna

Best leather care - Swissvax, followed by Zaino (or Pinnacle is a great substitute)

Best wax - depends if you wish to use a carnauba paste wax or a sealant. Currently I'm either using Swissvax or Zymol

Best shampoo - this is purely individual preference, as there is no "wrong" brand. Currently I love Eimann Fabrik which I purchased from the USA, but unfortunately that dealer no longer is in business :(

Best polishing machine - Flex 3401 forced orbital, or a DeWalt rotary if you're confident enough to use one

Microfibre - It's just a matter of finding the softest, best quality out there. You can't skimp here

Other than that, stuff like tyre black, sponges, etc is just personal preference. I use the least greasy tyre black that doesn't "sling" too much. Use the two bucket method, rinse all the time, and always leave wheels and underbody last, and clean with a different sponge. I mostly dry with a synthetic chamois, but I ocassionally use a microfibre drying towel.

Some good sites to source detailing products are -

http://www.waxit.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/

If you want to look o/s,

http://www.autogeek.net/

Where in Victoria are you located ? The best auto car wash I have found is this place -

http://www.watertunnel.com.au/Default.aspx

Although admitedly, I only use them infrequently when I'm busy/lazy/tired to wash myself. They have never damaged any of my cars. If it's good enough for a Gallardo, it's good enough for me.

^ Final Inspection are setting the benchmark (worldwide) for all areas of Detailing and Products IMO.

Their gear is second to none on the worldwide market, made and sold locally (always good to support local manufacturing) and Damian and the team are only too happy to help anyone out who have any queries or concerns.

I've never used any products by any other manufacturer that perform as well as Final Inspection, last as long as Final Inspection or go as far as Final Inspection.

As a professional detailer myself I've used just about every product on the market at some stage and I also know the AutoKlene range pretty well (referred to by the OP). AutoKlene are ok products for high turnover detailing (used car dealer work etc) but it doesn't even come close to Final Inspection. I use quite a few AK products for such detailing but I never use any of them on my own car - its strictly FI for that purpose.

Final Inspection - when used properly (VERY sparingly - a little goes a very long way with all their products), Final Inspection products are VERY good value for money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm presently using Meguiar's products using a mixture of a car shampoo and a wax along with several microfibre towels.

Been pretty happy about it so far, but because its a Dark Mercury Grey colour.

• 2 months later...

I understand that there has been a previous thread mentioned with regards to the topic title, but since the search found one dated back in 2003, I thought something newer was needed (http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=311&hl=cleaning#entry1896)

In the past in regards to washing my pride and joy probably now more so than before, am to a certain degree more conscious about what to use to clean the exterior. Rather than going to an expensive detailer as I have only used twice though not with my recent Lexus purchase. I have also oven cleaners gold coast found automated car wash places to be rather dangerous to the bodywork, even though these places are convenient and supposedly time-saving.

I have owned my present purchase for approximately 4.5 weeks; and I have been using a dry cloth to wipe finger prints, smudges and dust from the exterior without using water to keep it moderately clean. This is for a car that is parked underneath a huge carport that is unfortunately exposed to the elements.

The reason for this thread, is to determine what owners use for their pride and joy; just so that I can try to follow by example to avoid making any expensive mistakes that I may incur.

Whilst at work, I am somewhat lucky to be exposed to many automotive car care products all to my heart's content. I can look at the manufacturer websites to obtain a spiel of desirable information as well as the perchance for gimmicks from marketing that entices the consumer into buying their oven cleaners brisbane highly acclaimed products leaving the consumer thrilled yet uncertain to the product's overall effectiveness on your car. I have managed to find out that my boss who owns several expensive cars, uses a product called Auto Klene Wash & Shine; I am hopeful to try to acquire this product somewhere as I have just found out that the workplace does not sell this item.

Therefore if I can't find acquire it, I would have to consider something else.

What's your experiences? Any one?

Sorry to post in this old thread. I am looking for affordable and effective cleaning products. Can you share some latest ones and please tell some online store to purchase them.