Problem With Is200. Really Need Help!

My car is a 1999 Lexus IS200. The car drives beautifully, no rough idle. However ocassionally the car just misfired, engine check light came up. If i was driving at speed of 40km/h or more, the light will be there for few seconds and the car came back to normal. If i was driving less than 40km/h. The car will go to a complete stop within seconds ( power steering cut off and everything). I put on scanner three times. 1st time it came out as short curcuit on oxygnene sensor, 2nd and 3rd time it came out as igniter malfunction Most of the car service has been done by Chatswood Lexus. Spark plugs and coil packs have been recently changed. It will be a great help if anyone might know what the problem is

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I too have a 1999 Lexus IS200. Resently I've had engine running problems. My first problem was faulty ignition coil. Changed all the coils and worked fine - until weak later started irregular misfire. On steady throttle about 3000-4000rpm runs fine but on idle and accelerating happens "misfires" or something like that. Doesn't run smoothly and shakes the whole car. Problem in getting fuel or in ignition?

First changed all spark plugs (denso iridium), but no effect. Also checked the new ingition coils because they aren't original, but turned out they are working ok. Sometimes engine fault light blinks when engine is running but after that when i did diagnostic there were no fault codes! I have also listened the fuel injectors and they all make the same sound when engine is running so I think they are ok. Next trying to find vacuum leaks. Could there be some sensor malfunction? Allthough there are no fault codes? HELP!