Celsior Rear Air Conditioner Wont Function

Hi my 89/90 Celsior has a rear air conditioning unit just behind the rear seat. It is meant to redirect cold air from the main unit into the rear of the car. The main unit and compressor is working fine but the rear unit only blows recycled, not cooled air, into the rear of the vehicle. Ther is a solinoid which is powerd but does not seem to open to to allow the cool air flow. Unfortunately, I am lost as to how to fix this since I have no idea how the unit is meant to operate.

Can anyone help with advice or information about the operation of this unit. It would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Hi my 89/90 Celsior has a rear air conditioning unit just behind the rear seat. It is meant to redirect cold air from the main unit into the rear of the car. The main unit and compressor is working fine but the rear unit only blows recycled, not cooled air, into the rear of the vehicle. Ther is a solinoid which is powerd but does not seem to open to to allow the cool air flow. Unfortunately, I am lost as to how to fix this since I have no idea how the unit is meant to operate.

Can anyone help with advice or information about the operation of this unit. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate,

Have you had any joy with your rear A/C? I have a 91 Celsior with the same problem; I've pulled the boot lining off but that is as far as I have lookked so far.

I'm keen to know if anyone has fixed this problem before!

Ben