Pictures Of My Wheels For Gav-

greeneyes

Sorry dude, I can't get it to post the image here I think. Maybe it just doesn't like iMacs! Still, the image is on the gallery with the Altezza rear suspension too, page 6. The Nissan has the spring set forward on the trailing arm, while the Altezza has it on the lower transverse arm. Both have the shock inside the coil. The halfshaft on the Nissan looks long and delicate, like the upper arm, but I assume they are solid enough as its a wagon for carrying loads. It has the brake line drilled into the rear hub, which must carry brake fluid through drillings to the rear brake cyl.

No anti-roll bar either! :(

Mind you, having independent rear suspension on a wagon is a big step forward compared to the old beam axle. I'm sure Ford still uses those...

The funny loop bar does nothing, I think it is there to stop you damaging the rear suspension if you reverse over a rock.

I'm wondering how to disconnect the front driveshafts and put all the power to the rear wheels... :D Maybe I'll wait until after it rains and I've given the 4WD a good try-out...

wroadsusp.JPG

Wingroad rear susp.