New member introduction

Greetings everyone!  My name is Robin Hoffmann and I live in Crows Nest in Queensland (NOT Sydney).  The real estate here is MUCH cheaper and the environment is beautiful.  I'm retired (sort of!!) and I'm considering dipping my toes into the realm of Lexus ownership, specifically the magnificent LS460 range, and I'm seeking any advice anyone is willing to offer.  First up, I'm looking at the 2nd hand market and considering the pros and cons of grey import vs Australian delivered cars.  Second, any other advice/what to look for, year models to avoid, common issues, etc.

I've been driving and loving French cars almost since Adam upgraded to long pants ie 1976.  I started with Peugeots and moved to Citroens in 2001.  I have always done some work myself and used our local Toowoomba agent (a close friend) until he sold out for health reasons and then the dealership was closed a couple of years later.  Citroen service and new sales are almost non-existent in Queensland these days and sadly I've lost the motivation needed for maintaining an ageing fleet consisting of C5s, Xantias, BXs and DSs.  I've long admired Lexus' and so here I am.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from members.

Cheers, Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Robin. 

Great introduction and back-story. Did you ever end up picking up the Lexus LS460? 

If you did, I genuinely hope the car serves you well! I watch some YouTube videos from a channel called "The Carecare Nut", which is a dedicated Toyota and Lexus channel. He mentions being cautious of the Ls460 for reliability issues; but as it's not a model I've ever personally considered purchasing, I didn't look further into it. 

Regardless, hope you find / found the car that suits your needs perfectly! 

Hi Spooky.  No I haven't picked up an LS460 yet.  I'm still looking and researching.  There's a fellow In Toowoomba who is now into grey imports and he is checking the Japanese auctions and will report back to me in due course.  Not sure whether or not I want to go down that path.  

Cheers, Robin