are Altezza's really common in NZ? i know Altezza's are very popular in Hong Kong, more popular than official IS200 there.

what process do imports from japan have to go through in NZ?

here in UK, imports from japan have to go through something called SVA. consisting of changing KM/H dials to MPH ones, add rear fog lights & undersealing, do you have to get cars undersealed in NZ? as UK, esp winter lots of crap like salt + grit gets on our roads. i shouldnt think rear fog lights are compulsory i NZ?

To get into NZ they have to go through a local inspection. Perhaps the seat belts need new ones fitted with a "NZ approved" stamp, or similar protectionist bull*BLEEP*. 'The more expensive the car, the more it will cost you to put it on the road' is what I heard from an importer. So its just a bit of Govt tax on imports.

Still, so much better than when we assembled cars here. They made cars in Japan on the assembly line, then took them apart and shipped them to NZ where we paid locals a fortune to put them back together again. To make these expensive, badly-made, bottom of the range heaps of *BLEEP* sell, the Govt had really high tariffs on imports. This is exactly what Australia still has now!! :lol:

NZ now gets 80000 cars imported from Japan a year, anything pre-95 is banned (little fiddle on the crash testing there....) and we have modern cars very cheap.

A '98 Lexus/Altezza will cost under 7000pounds, a '99 under 10000pounds. You can buy Soarers for under 3000pounds, and Skylines for even less!!!

The manufacturers bring in new cars fully built up and sell to people who want new cars. Holden and Ford dominate that market, with Toyota in there too. It trails off to Citroen, Porsche, Saab selling a few hundred a year.

Jap imports....-Best thing the Govt ever did!! :)

are Altezza's really that common in NZ? i know Altezza's are very popular in Hong Kong, more popular than official IS200 there.

wondered why there is so few here in UK, you lot got them all!

what process do imports from japan have to go through in NZ?

here in UK, imports from japan have to go through something called SVA. consisting of changing KM/H dials to MPH ones, add rear fog lights & undersealing, do you have to get cars undersealed in NZ? as UK, esp winter lots of crap like salt + grit gets on our roads. i shouldnt think rear fog lights are compulsory i NZ?

just wondering what its like compared to UK.

Popular? You bet...the Altezza outnumber the Official Is200/300 here so badly that most people don't even know what Is is....they only know that it is a Altezza... :(

Matt

wow, other way round here in UK, people see Altezza, see it as Lexus or IS200, what is Altezza?? they say.

so many, you got any Tom's 280T? i heard theres only 1 in HongKong, doubt theres any in uk.

cars are not taken apart here. thus making insurance more expensive for imports. i.e. ALtezza RS200 insured same price as IS300.

There is One 280T Tom Over here, 1 TTE Supercharged IS200 and a few Qudlitat Altezzas Running around......and I saw a beloc one? whatever that is...

Matt