My Battery Relocation

I decided i would rape the battery box and wire from my race car (its down semi permanently) and chuck it in the altezza.

I used a factory grounding point that was right next to the battery, after i cleaned it up a bit of course.

DSC01219.JPG

I ran the batter cable across the engine bay to avoid the headers and exhaust.

DSC01218.JPG

I used 4 bolts with large washers to secure the box to the trunk floor. I had to drill holes in the trunk floor for the bolts. I also cut out the middle of one of the stock grommets and used that as the entry point for the posifive cable. For the ground i used the spare tire thingy....after i cleaned it up.

DSC01220.JPG

Ill post driving impressions in a while...gotta clean up now <_<

Just wondering where you u keep ur spare tyre ?

back seat? :D

Also I thought it would give u better balance if u keep the weight in between front and rear axles. So wouldnt it better to place the battery further forward of the spare tyre space?

that's just my thought, my might be wrong

your right :) i was hoping to help regain some of the oversteer i had when the car had 245 35 Toyo T1S's all around.....with these new tires in the stock size 215 45 the car has sooooooooooooo much understeer. Ill probably move the box farther back.

no rubbing at all and thats with a 2" drop B) I had about 1cm of clearance from

the strut body

Next tire change i plan on using 225 40 up front and 235 40 in the rear

do u still use stock 17" rim (50+ offset)

also if 225 front 235 rear, u get less traction at front, I think that will make the car understeer rather than oversteer!?

Next tire change i plan on using 225 40 up front and 235 40 in the rear

That's what I'm running, on 18"s.

Mine doesn't have an understeer bias that's for sure... but then again, I'm running super hard platform suspension and both front and rear sways... :P

that size and series tire on a 17" wheel will also enable me to turn the wheels over easier...which is what i think contributed to the cars tendency to over steer with the previous Toyos. I was able to turn the tires over easier.

I kind of like the car with the thicker tires. It is teaching me alot about car control. I cant just rely on the power of the car to go into a slide anymore, i have to consciously control the weight balance of the vehicle in the corner. Left foot braking is the hardest thing i have had to learn. Brake modulation with your left foot in clos proximity to the right foot and the gas pedal while being pressed against my seat is challenging....and fun as all hell :D