Wanted : Is300 Stock Rims Sydney

mattkain

Hi all - new member (Graphite 2003 IS300).

I have 2 scuffed rims on my IS300. Lexus replacement cost quoted around AU$1600 (each!).

No-one wants to repair the wheels cos the paint is apparently too $$$.

Can anyone point me to a couple of replacements or known repairer in Sydney.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hey Matt!

(is it just me, or is there a growing number of Matt's around here....!) :huh:

Welcome to the group. B)

Allow me a moment to plug our meeting this weekend - follow the link below, and SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!!!

Now - back to our regularly scheduled program: :rolleyes:

Some wheel repairers are awesome - a mate of mine had some rather nice white rims repaired after he was swiped and ran up a gutter, and the result can only be described as PERFECT! I'll find out who they are for you.

1600 EACH?!!

craaazy

are these the 16 or 17inch ones?

That's right! Luckily Lexus replaced all of mine as THEY scuffed them (including the spare!) during a service :o

The wheels on mine are the same as the IS300s and the finish is apparently difficult to match if repaired.

Do you think that finish be acheived on normal rims though?

I want IS300 style (ie. darker) rims for Thunderbird 2, but i don't want to cough up for a new set of rims when i already have a set on the car that are fine. Hence, i was thinking of going down the powdercoating trail...

I'm told a mob by the name of Australian Powdercoaters, or something like that, can do this for around $80/wheel including the sandblasting that occurs beforehand.

matt

Do you think that finish be acheived on normal rims though?

I want IS300 style (ie. darker) rims for Thunderbird 2, but i don't want to cough up for a new set of rims when i already have a set on the car that are fine. Hence, i was thinking of going down the powdercoating trail...

I'm told a mob by the name of Australian Powdercoaters, or something like that, can do this for around $80/wheel including the sandblasting that occurs beforehand.

matt

If you coat all wheels, then it should be fine even if the finish is not a 100% match to the IS300. The problem is when you repair one wheel, as the finish may not match the other wheels.

Forums

News

Membership