hey just want to no a bit more about the is300 its semi auto steering shift thing, just how qwick are they,

how fast to 100km/h, and how fast on the drag strip stock 400m.

Also how to make it a bit qwicker, without muffler upgrade to noisey, i no air filter will help, wat else..................

Performance

Acceleration

0-30 mph : 2.5 sec.

0-60 mph : 7.4 sec.

30-50 mph : 2.8 sec.

50-70 mph : 4.2 sec.

Quarter Mile time : 15.3 sec.

Quarter Mile speed : 90.2 mph

So for 0-100kmph its a bit over 7.4 seconds (62mph=100kmph)

It will be hard and expensive to get more power out of the IS300 motor, you can always turbo it etc as the 2JZ-GE in it is a nice motor. You could go a set of semi slick tyres but then again you dont want noise as stated in your coil overs thread. Even with the best upgrades an NA Auto 2JZ isnt going to go over 160rwkw, and that will be noisy and very expensive, your better off with a new engine or turbo/sc if you want serious performance gains.

lol, no u got it wrong im talking about problem noises not motor noises, nothings better then hearing ur engine raoring, reving...

Anyways do u recken if u turbo the 2jzge would u get good performance out of it, is it strong enough, internals and all...............

of course u have to upgrade ur brakes, but how about the diff would it handle...........

Doing upgrades to the 2JZ from an IS300 especially turbo'ing it isn't easy from what I hear as the VVTi is difficult for people to tune properly although supposedly this is starting to change and more people are getting experienced with it. Your best bet from my understanding would be to buy a TT halfcut from a supra and put that in. But if your like me and the idea of keeping the original engine with the car is appealing then def go for a turbo kit, try going to a store like IS Motor Racing and having a chat with them, they have done a fair amount of modifications to IS's (although thats not why they are called ISMR :P ). They can give you the best idea of the cost for doing it properly and what parts you will need.

I also suggest having a browse around the supra forums projects area (http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18) and have a look around for any NA to TT builds :)

Also have a browse around on the American site http://www.my.is as they have a lot of IS300s that have been heavily modified with turbos etc.

If you are doing this upgrade then I would suggest the Supra Big Brake Kit upgrade (around 1.2K to get all the parts) and then a nice set of coilovers to help balance out the extra weight you will have in the front.

Good luck and I expect plenty of pics when you do it :P

If you were going to do an engine transplant something nice and small like a 3S or 1JZ would be better as the weight distribution of ones with a 2JZ-GTE 1/2UZ is shocking and bad for handling.

But for a drag/show/dynoqueen car daaaaaaamn that V8 is sexy :D

• 4 months later...