Hello And Looking For Problem Solution

Hello everyone, this is my first post. My Lexus is a 2002 IS200SE auto. My dad bought this car as new before I bought it off him last year and I believe the car has no modifications. Recently I moved into an apartment with an undercover carpark with a rather steep entrance (upward). I always enter at an angle, one wheel at a time, but there is still scraping to the undercarriage.

From the sound it makes, I think it is a plastic part. Does anyone know what this is, and how serious this is? At times the car also makes a high-frequency wizzing sound (coming from the engine?) when it scrapes and I'm not sure what this is either. After this happening a handful of times I decided to park my car outside but the Sydney inner city air has dirtied it somewhat and on the weekend someone decided to key-scratch the rear side-panel. I've taken the car into repairs and for a pressure-wash and when it comes back I will most likely try and park it in the carpark to avoid this happening again. As a solution I have been thinking of raising the ride height in ther front of the car. The scraping doesn't sound excessive, it sounds like only a light scrape.

If anyone could give me some tips, or offer some knowledge regarding this problem it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Maybe hop out of the car when it scraps and have a look?

Sorry for the simple answer but we arent there to see what it is scraping on. There are mud flags, Front bar, rear bar, the Under body

If the high-frequency wizzing sound is at the same time check this at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I agree with Geoff. Take a look. It would be one of the plastic covers guarding the underside of your car from all sorts of things. Stones, little kids, animals. :P If u dont wanna scraps it nemore. Jack ur car up using ur jack and take a look, look for scratches. If this doesnt help. Id recommend getting some coilovers. Theyll improve ride quality and handling. :)

Bumble.