Smoke Spray For Light Covers

I am thinking of getting a can of smoke spray to use for on a rear fog clear light conversion and also on the side blinkers.

I know I won't even be using half a can for these small surface areas.

Anyone wanna go halves on a purchase? Coz I can't seem to find them here, so gonna have to buy them overseas.

3 people would be ideal, and cut the cost down to a third.

Mods can be done at my place (plenty of space) one afternoon over a couple of beers :D :D

matt.. not quite.. the thing u saw with stephen's car is the housing that is colored.. the spray im buying is to go onto the lamp cover.. ie, rear clear fog light conversion, or the side blinkers.

i think the spray would be only applicable in these applications..

I am thinking of getting a can of smoke spray to use for on a rear fog clear light conversion and also on the side blinkers.

I know I won't even be using half a can for these small surface areas.

Anyone wanna go halves on a purchase?  Coz I can't seem to find them here, so gonna have to buy them overseas.

3 people would be ideal, and cut the cost down to a third.

Mods can be done at my place (plenty of space) one afternoon over a couple of beers  :D  :D

They use to sell the tint sprays at auto stores such as Repco. I used this many years back on my other car for parking lamps and indicators....ended up going back to clear parking lamps ;)

Tip: You need to spray the tint on VERY evenly. When the lamps are off, it looks fine....but once lit, if it's not even, you will see light and dark patches.

For the rear lamps, I took to a panel shop to spray properly. Many years later, still looks fine. Was just basically thinner with a touch of black.

appreciate the tips stephen. definately don't want a bodgey diy job.

and proper spray job turned out good? any fading issues?

I had them sprayed on the outside back then and to date, have not faded a bit. So I assume if you have them sprayed on the inside, they would not fade either.