How To Remove The Gps Dvd From The Rom

Hi, just wondering how can i get the GPS DVD out? i have loacted the DVD Rom, but the only switch i can find is the thing that open and close the DVD entry.

DO i need to remove the unit to get the DVD out or is there a function in the touch screen i can use?

I'm getting a v16 whereis dvd back up copy to trial from a Subaru owner, has any onw done that before? DVD from different Make?

On the RX350 it goes like this... Remove the clip-on cover. Put the key in the ignition and turn to On. There's a sliding switch on the DVD player which opens the slot and pops the disk out - it's at the top of the unit, above the slot. Push it to the side, and the disk will slide out. Replacing is just the reverse - once the disk slides in, don't forget to push the sliding switch across to close the slot. It's probably the same on the RX330. I believe the disk is compatible with Toyota (obviously) and Ford but I haven't heard of it being compatible with Subaru.

So, where is the GPS unit on 2010 RX-350? Any videos on Youtube on how to do this yet? I am waiting for Ver. 17 - soon I hope but probably still behind with all the new tunnels in Brisbane!

Is the new RX has DVD rom behind the touch screen?

have a look the tools area at the back of wagon....

Thanks, found it in the manual, it is under the dash, in the centre console area, I may post pictures if / when I get around to it later this week.

I uploaded 2 pictures of where the DVD goes - click on the Webshots link in my signature. This is for Australian, RX-350, Sports Luxury model with full size spare tyre, your results may vary.

Seems to me it would take about 1 minute to change these discs; just waiting for Ver. 17 to appear at LEXUS map disc at Whereis.com