Tail Light Warning Light And Sunroof

Hi,folks needs some help.I got some problem with my is200

I got it from the auction found the tail light warning is on in the dash,but I hv checked the tail light(working both side)and the brake pad(still got lots of meat on it),anyone knows how to shut the light off,coz the car need RWC for put back on road.

There also have another problem,it is the sunroof,when the first day I got the car,the sunroof wont work at all,even I have reset the ecu,but after 1 week I disconnected the battery,it is working properly everybottom,but car wont start,then get a electrician in,he fix the start problem,but the sunroof only half of the bottom will working.any advice will appreciated,sorry for the crap english.wish u guys could understand:)

Thanks Ray

For your tail light issue get someone else to push on the brakes and check that the brake lights are working, this could be your problem

If the brake lights are working as well as everything else then you can always take the bulb out so it doesn't light up. Just google 'how to take out is200 is300 cluster' (first link 3rd page)

As for your sunroof it could be something short circuting the electronics, or a blown fuse, so check the fuses (look in your car owners manual to find the fuses).

Hi,thanks for the reply

1.But,I did get someone else to push on the brakes and check that the brake lights are working,they all light up when the brake pad pushed,and I saw sb said if the brake pad low it will light up the warning light then I checked the pad ,it is fine.that's really make sense,

2.all the fuse are good,no one blowed.

thanks Ray.

That is strange, here is a complete guide on how to disable the tail light warning light

http://my.is/forums/f64/is300-disable-tail-light-out-warning-light-340794/

Did you check the fuses next to the accelerator pedal? Just making sure.

If your fuses are all fine it could possibly be a connection problem, I found in my car (2003 model) that sometimes the sensitivty of the sunroof button is off and I have to push it a few times, maybe you should take out the actual map light and check the connection.

Good Luck

That is strange, here is a complete guide on how to disable the tail light warning light

http://my.is/forums/f64/is300-disable-tail-light-out-warning-light-340794/

Did you check the fuses next to the accelerator pedal? Just making sure.

If your fuses are all fine it could possibly be a connection problem, I found in my car (2003 model) that sometimes the sensitivty of the sunroof button is off and I have to push it a few times, maybe you should take out the actual map light and check the connection.

Good Luck

Thanks for the link.I cut the wire to the socket,the warning light gone,but the sunroof still half the buttom working,but anyway still open and close.I am going to leave like that.

thank you again.