Volo Vp12 Obd-Ii Performance Chip Lexus Is200

hello everyone,

i have been looking all over the internet trying to find a peformance chip and or flash tuning chip that actually works. i was wondering if anyone has purchased the VOLO VP12 OBD-II performance chip or heard about anyone that has and yeh was wondering if i could get som feed back on it because it does sound like a pretty sweet mod to have!!

cheers

flexus

I think you should really look at other forms of modification to increase power but in saying that there is really no point for the is200, the 1G-FE engine isn't really made for performance. "Chip's" are a waste of time and money, if they really did work don't you think more than 1 person would have bought it?

The best legal modifications you can do (on your p's) are i/h/e (intake/headers/exhaust). There are plenty of exhausts out there for the is200 and you could very easily get a pod as well, headers not so much that I know of. Even after all this though you would probably be better off with an IS300 if you want more power. Very roughly stock is something like ~116kw v is300's ~160kw.

I'd recommend you looking at the suspension/handling side of things to make your car more enjoyable, ie strut braces, sway bars, coilovers. Some nice wheels would also be good. There is heaps of information out there about these cars, should probably do a little more research.

I think you should really look at other forms of modification to increase power but in saying that there is really no point for the is200, the 1G-FE engine isn't really made for performance. "Chip's" are a waste of time and money, if they really did work don't you think more than 1 person would have bought it?

The best legal modifications you can do (on your p's) are i/h/e (intake/headers/exhaust). There are plenty of exhausts out there for the is200 and you could very easily get a pod as well, headers not so much that I know of. Even after all this though you would probably be better off with an IS300 if you want more power. Very roughly stock is something like ~116kw v is300's ~160kw.

I'd recommend you looking at the suspension/handling side of things to make your car more enjoyable, ie strut braces, sway bars, coilovers. Some nice wheels would also be good. There is heaps of information out there about these cars, should probably do a little more research.

cheers for ur feed back, i have got the intake, i have a high flow cannon but not exhaust, i am aware i will not reach high numbers of hp but i am jus lookin for an is200 with a lil more balls, i am investing in exhaust, the car is lowered and i have got strut bars and the big wheels, as i am on my p's the is200 was the one i could afford. i understand one person has bought this but i have googled reviews an they have said all good things but i will have to do more research also am endevouring an engine swap but that will happen in the future.