Lexus Make Changing Tyres A Pleasure

Driving along the freeway tonight, I thought I was hearing a loud V8 coming up pretty fast beside me but the car went past and the sound didnt stop so I suspected a flat. The mrs thought it sounded like a chopper flying really close!

Anyway I pull over to the side and my rear left tyre is flat. When I got home I found out it was hole from a nail.

So I opened up the kit (for the first time after 3 years of ownership) and am pleasantly surprised by a warning triangle, a hand towel, pair of gloves and hand wash/sanatiser!

I didnt use any of it but wow, they have thought of everything (except for a torch). Luckily I stopped under a bridge with plenty of light, and I have my own torch in the car anyway.

It made changing the tyre a pleasure! And it means new tyres now. Ive just shot off an email to Tirerack for a quote on some hankooks and continentals (thanks to the OP who wrote about their deal).

On a crap note, F You to the asshole who hit the same rear left side today in the carpark, leaving me with a scratched bumper.

hahahaha

yeh i was suprised when i first opened it aswell

also the medical kit, and the lexus towel is cool aswell,oh and the black cover they give you

Driving along the freeway tonight, I thought I was hearing a loud V8 coming up pretty fast beside me but the car went past and the sound didnt stop so I suspected a flat. The mrs thought it sounded like a chopper flying really close!

Anyway I pull over to the side and my rear left tyre is flat. When I got home I found out it was hole from a nail.

So I opened up the kit (for the first time after 3 years of ownership) and am pleasantly surprised by a warning triangle, a hand towel, pair of gloves and hand wash/sanatiser!

I didnt use any of it but wow, they have thought of everything (except for a torch). Luckily I stopped under a bridge with plenty of light, and I have my own torch in the car anyway.

It made changing the tyre a pleasure! And it means new tyres now. Ive just shot off an email to Tirerack for a quote on some hankooks and continentals (thanks to the OP who wrote about their deal).

On a crap note, F You to the asshole who hit the same rear left side today in the carpark, leaving me with a scratched bumper.

Hi Onnzo - think the OP was me! Gotta say I have been stoked with the Continental Extreme Contacts - very quiet and much smoother due to the softer side-wall. Dunlops probably better for aggressive cornering but not worth it for me.

Also just purchased four new tyres for the other vehicle (Mitsubishi Outlander) and local tyre prices for 18s are outrageous. So went with tirerack again. Around half the price I would have paid locally and less than a week from order to delivery, including some time with customs.

Loving the car by the way. Two work colleagues have now purchased 2nd hand IS250s and are also stoked with their purchases. Some good value around in the low 30s!

Great to hear you are happy with the tyres. Im like you, im happy to sacrifice conering for comfort.

I just got the quotes back for the hankooks and continentals and have ordered the hankooks. At $750 aud delivered for a set of 4 (225 fronts and 255 rears in 18" 40 profile), I cant go wrong... The Continentals are $956 but the rears don't have rim protectors which is the deal breaker.

Looks like you have converted a few people! The lexus is great value, just too small for two baby seats, otherwise I would just keep it.

The mrs is driving around on the space saver at the moment (only short trips to and from the local shops really). I washed the car to assess the damage from the scrape and its sparkly clean, with a bright orange/yellow space saver on the rear right!