Surfing Is200?

I looking a putting a roof rack on my IS200 but I'm worried it will ruin the look of my baby. I've been surfing the various Lexus sites but cannot find a picture of an IS200 with a roof rack fitted.

Does anyone have a rack on their car or seen a pic of what they look like?

Cheers Manic :)

Hi Manic 35:

I have seen an IS200 with roof rack, but I didnt have a chance to get a close look to find out what brand.

what are u going to carry with ur roof racks?

if only carry something light, u can consider "suction roof carrier" they are removal appliances which u only put on when needed, (a set of 4 suction ports)

Does it make a sense to u?

SSML

SSML,

The roof rack is just for a surf board which in itself won't be very heavy but at 100 K/h might get a fair degree for force on it. I will check out the suction roof carrier though, might save me a few dollars on a genuine Lexus rack (if there is such a thing).

Cheers Manic :)

Hi Matt:

I used to use those suction roof ports for surfboards (2) on my parents' ES300.

u can just position 4 suction ports (about 15cm in diameter) on the appropriate positions, and the use the straps included to tight down.

Although it's not as convience as the traditional fixed roof racks(b/c u need to remove that when u r surfing so other people wont steal them), but it doesnt cause any possible damages to the paint. and can use on any type of cars.

SSML