New here...thought I'd give my 5 cents...have had a 2007 is250 sport luxury for a fair while and haven't had this issue even after quite a while of giving it the beans. And it's all stock.

Guess I'm a lucky one.

• 3 months later...

Man, Just noticed the bad egg smell after flooring it last night with the windows down, with the a/c on never notice the smell though. I'm not sure what type of fuel the previous owner used, but in my hands it's strictly drinking BP Ultimate. My next service is around september, so I'll let the service guys know to see if they can get it sorted.

didn't have this problem on my previous 06 250. stock or with intake/headers/exhaust, it didn't matter. never had a problem, and i thrashed it all the time.

dads 07 250 has the problem though? go figure......

yea mines an 07 too.

but they say its a toyota/lexus thing across all the models so yeah go figure as you say.

offtopic but you're the fella with halos in his headlights right.

ive bought a pair off ebay wanted to get your insights on how to install

• 2 weeks later...

just to share some info, after intake install, the smell is considerably less at times 0, so wonder if running richer which i suspect it does with an intake makes a diference?

they do sound a little louder initially as there is less sound insulation on after market intakes, but i had really loud intiially and got worried but then noticed the breather pipe slip off to which we put a strong clamp thing, and all good since