Flavours Of Altezza

I am currently living in Japan and have an opportunity to buy a car to bring back to Australia as a private import. I am presently looking at the Toyota Altezza and have a few questions which I hope some of you here can help me with.

Firstly, is it correct that the Toyota Altezza RS200 (200 - 210bhp version) is not readily available in Australia?

Secondly, is there a particular model/year of Altezza which would be the "best" model to get performance wise? This may seem a strange question, but to take the SW20 MR2 as an example, there was a substantial difference between pre '93 models and post '93 models.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any major differences in the RS200's of the different years? i.e. 1998, 2000-2004

Not really - other than different coloured tail and headlamps and a few trim bits and bobs. Look out for ones with TRD body kits or Leguna kits fitted - they're worth a but more.....

Are there any major differences in the RS200's of the different years? i.e. 1998, 2000-2004

RS200 is not available in Australia from any new car dealership. u can only get Lexus IS200 , which has the same engine as Altezza AS200 in JP.

I know that from ~ Oct 2001, there is a facelift, change includes: 6 airbags (2 additional curtain bags), chromed exhaust pipe tips, different grille, and the darker tail lights for dark colour external colour.

in side the cabin :the pre 2002 model has 2 tone dash, where as post-2002 only has black all around.