Voice Command System

StephenM

Does anyone know why the Voice Command system on the Australian CT200h model only works for phone calls and doesn't provide for the other functions such as being able to input other commands such as for audio and navigation commands?

Check page 51 at the following link Navigation Manual and you'll see what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the Voice Command system on the Australian CT200h model only works for phone calls and doesn't provide for the other functions such as being able to input other commands such as for audio and navigation commands?

Check page 51 at the following link Navigation Manual and you'll see what I mean.

StephenM:

Stone the flamin' crows, cobber, I've been told the problem is they don't have much luck with our wonderful Aussie spoken word. Bugger me, it's hard to believe.

StephenM:

Stone the flamin' crows, cobber, I've been told the problem is they don't have much luck with our wonderful Aussie spoken word. Bugger me, it's hard to believe.

You have to think why it is the humble Ford Focus being advertised on TV lately shows extensive use of voice commands but yet Lexus has disabled this feature for the Australian market.

StephenM:

You have to think why it is the humble Ford Focus being advertised on TV lately shows extensive use of voice commands but yet Lexus has disabled this feature for the Australian market.

StephenM: My Lexus salesperson suggested to me that voice command often seems inconsistent. Success depends on lack of any background noise; a person's manner of speaking; and their ability to consistently repeat the command precisely as recorded, and in a similar tone and inflexion. I have had limited experience with voice command and with only limited success. After the novelty has worn off, I have given up on it. I have read commentary on many makes of car and voice control always seems to be problematic. I think the technology has got a little way to go. If Ford has got something to work properly, I am tempted to say it would be the first time!

I hope you are enjoying your CT. My partner bought a CT200h Luxury and I love it so much that I have decided to trade in my IS250 on a CT200h F Sports in flame blue and water white trim (I don't like all black interiors). It's meant to arrive in February. I read on an American Lexus Forum about a guy who drove a Corvette who bought a CT for his wife, and now they have agreed to swap cars!

Best wishes over the holiday season - take care!

I hope you are enjoying your CT. My partner bought a CT200h Luxury and I love it so much that I have decided to trade in my IS250 on a CT200h F Sports in flame blue and water white trim (I don't like all black interiors). It's meant to arrive in February.

I too downsized from an IS250, got the Sports Luxury and haven't regretted it.

StephenM: Thanks for telling me of your own experience. I still can't quite believe that I have traded the IS, which is a lovely car. Perhaps the CT reminds me somehow of my first Lexus, an IS200. It's a compact car, not all about hot rod performance, but with a certain unique personality and driving characteristics. Anyway, I'm an "oldie" who is determined to grow old disgracefully. To my delight some friends have already expressed their incredulity when they see the new little "pocket rocket".

StephenM: Thanks for telling me of your own experience. I still can't quite believe that I have traded the IS, which is a lovely car. Perhaps the CT reminds me somehow of my first Lexus, an IS200.

I too went from an IS200 to an IS250 and now the CT200h :D