What Is Your Best Fuel Consumption?

Howard

I had my CT200h for 2 days. Dealer has given me a full tank of fuel come with the new car. I have already done 277km.

4.8L/100km and after 277km the curising range still showing 540km. look like protentially i can get 800km out of a tank.

how about yours?

btw. this forum is very quiet! where are the CT200h owners go?

I had my CT200h for 2 days. Dealer has given me a full tank of fuel come with the new car. I have already done 277km.

4.8L/100km and after 277km the curising range still showing 540km. look like protentially i can get 800km out of a tank.

how about yours?

btw. this forum is very quiet! where are the CT200h owners go?

I'd be interested in knowing what your daily travel pattern involves. For the most part of the week I'm doing very short journeys (maybe 5-6km per day) and the best I'm getting is 6.7L/100km in Eco mode.

I drive around 50km a day during busy peak hours. mixed with city and freeway drive.

I read somewhere about how to save fuel on a Prius so I am using the same method.

You speed up to 10km/h more than the speed limit on the road and control the throttle. when you see the traffic light is red, try release the throttle earlier and break slowly earlier to let it recharge the battery.

here are the some of the photos i taken about my fuel consumptions.

US Lexus Hanger

IMG_1800.JPG

My consumption graph

IMG_1789.JPG

My consumption on the dash

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

I'm consistently at 5.7 - 5.9 range - though I spend about half the time in Sport mode - it just feels so much more fun

how far can you go in a tank when always in Sport mode?

Hi all, i've had 3 refills now and it has been fairly consistent mileage every refill.

Here are the stats i keep during every refill.

I drive to and from work every day with casual weekend driving. Weekdays I do about 30km total to and from work. Mix is 90% highway 10% city/suburban, with a bit of traffic jam now and then on the highway.

By the way guys, what does the "L" sign mean on the fuel consumption screen?

post-5443-0-53154600-1322724041_thumb.jp

L stands for Litre

5L/100km means you need 5 Litre of fuel for 100km travel.

your fuel consumption is very close to me.

I was reading an oversea forum, the tank of CT200H is 45L. When the low fuel warming light comes on, it still has approximately 10L.

someone could still run for another 200KM after the low fuel warming light comes on and filled in 44Litre (yes only 1 Litre of fuel left in the tank).

I am still running my first tank. I am trying to get 800KM before the low fuel warming come on.

Hi Howard

Thanks for your reply. I was actually referring to the little L symbols on the consumption bar graph on one of the attached photos above. There's the E symbols which means 50kwh electricity generated but the L does have any info against it.

L is a part of the E i think

Hmm it does look like part of the E but what does a partial E mean then? partial 50kwh?

I've only filled up once and these things take a while to settle i'm told, but I did 540km and filled up with another 36L, so the first tank was ~7L/100km. My average seems to be around 4.5 and 5.5 on the second tank though :)

• 1 year later...

5.2L /100km so far on mainly normal mode

Do use acceleration to power quite a bit though.

To n from work on mainly smooth flowing traffic of gold coast w traffic light slternate w some traffic jam in d eve. :)

Any1 got near to d official consumption of 4.1L/100km??

Dealer told me fuel consumption will improve once u have driven ur car a while n in cold weather. Any truth to tt?? :)

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

If I fuel up with a warm engine and then keep power down to modest levels under 80kph, I can get under 4L/100km. Cold starts and high power eat into fuel consumption. On highway 100-110kph, fuel is around 5.1L/100km.