Hi guys,

First time posting and first time owning a Lexus. I love the car but the navigation issue is getting me frustrated.

I have a 07 model IS250 sports luxury.

My navigation system was working well and suddenly did not work a few days ago. The maps work, but there is no voice-guidance. Everytime i set an address, it will say"voice guidance will start when on blue line" but after that there is no turn by turn voice. I even click on the map/voice button and there is no sound as well. The only sound i will hear is when I am almost reach my destination it will say "you have reached your destination".

Another issue as well is that when the route guidance is on, even if i take a wrong turn it will not re-route on the screen. It will just show me travelling the wrong route with no blue lines to lead me back to the right direction.

I have checked all the settings that the Auto Voice guidance is on and Voice Guidance in all mode is on as well. I even tested the volume and hear the voice guidance lady with no problem.

Please advice as I cant seem to find anyone having this problem.

Nicklaus

It's almost behaving like you have the SatNav hack installed although lack of sound is not part of that modification.

Did you test a new NavDVD in case the DVD is faulty/damaged?

I suppose with a 2007 model that warranty cover is out of the question.

I see you're in Melbourne so if it were me, I would take the car to one of the better (reputation on this board) Lexus dealers (for Sydney - Lexus Chatswood) and ask them to identify and quote the fix. You "might" need to give them a budget for their investigative work.

Then, depending upon their report, you should know your options. You might be in line for a trip to several wreckers and buy the part there. (I've had good results at GMS Spares 02 9774 5184)

Let us know how it goes.