Mileage And Range

THU

Hi all,

Just a question. I have been getting consistently about 750Km and that will usually take me close to 0 (zero) on the remaining range indicator. When I go fill up, I only fill up about 35L which means I should still have around 10L (45L tank) left which should allow me to do around 200km (based on average 4.8L/100km usage) past the 0 mark on the trip computer.

Has anyone tried driving past the 0 mark on the trip computer range indicator?

Hi all,

Just a question. I have been getting consistently about 750Km and that will usually take me close to 0 (zero) on the remaining range indicator. When I go fill up, I only fill up about 35L which means I should still have around 10L (45L tank) left which should allow me to do around 200km (based on average 4.8L/100km usage) past the 0 mark on the trip computer.

Never had the guts to try it and risk getting stranded!

750km per tank is not bad I'm getting about 500km per tankful but I suspect that's because I'm doing a lot of stop/start short drives. Still waiting to get the opportunity to test out the range on a long open highway drive.

Yeah, most of my driving is to and from work which is usually fairly good. 15min of 80-100km/h. 90% highway 10% start stop.

My average is 4.8L/100km and if I use 45L - that theoretically gives me 937km. Even at 5L/100km (which I never get up to on a per tank average) that should achieve 900km which I am getting no where near.

I might try it this time round.

so no one else has tried going below 0?

Yeah, most of my driving is to and from work which is usually fairly good. 15min of 80-100km/h. 90% highway 10% start stop. My average is 4.8L/100km and if I use 45L - that theoretically gives me 937km. Even at 5L/100km (which I never get up to on a per tank average) that should achieve 900km which I am getting no where near. I might try it this time round. so no one else has tried going below 0?

That's really good fuel consumption. The best I can do for the type of driving I'm doing is about 6.3L/100km.

Yeah, most of my driving is to and from work which is usually fairly good. 15min of 80-100km/h. 90% highway 10% start stop. My average is 4.8L/100km and if I use 45L - that theoretically gives me 937km. Even at 5L/100km (which I never get up to on a per tank average) that should achieve 900km which I am getting no where near. I might try it this time round. so no one else has tried going below 0?

That's really good fuel consumption. The best I can do for the type of driving I'm doing is about 6.3L/100km.

Wow thats pretty high. Do you just use the standard or sports mode for majority of time?

I'm trying out my below 0 theory today. Have 16Ks left.

Wow thats pretty high. Do you just use the standard or sports mode for majority of time?

I'm trying out my below 0 theory today. Have 16Ks left.

My problem is that I'm doing very short stop/start drives each day and that's what I believe is causing the high consumption. I mostly leave the car in ECO ,mode and only switch to SPORTS mode if I'm having to get up a hill.

Good luck with your fuel test, hopefully you'll run out just outside a fuel station :)

750km is pretty good.. I guess I might get that if I used the last 10L in there, i'm always filling up with 36/37L, these are my stats:

0m39ul.png

750km is pretty good.. I guess I might get that if I used the last 10L in there, i'm always filling up with 36/37L, these are my stats:

Wow that app looks pretty cool! I have been using docstogo in Excel to keep track of my usage. What app is that?

I have been filling up around 35-36L as well. You must be driving yours down quite a but close to 0 as well.

Hi all,

The Range is an average on your typical driving style. It is said not to reflect the l/100km but "driving Style". (This is what i have been told and read)

does your gauge show different when range says zero??

I would've thought that l/100km (on the tank refill average number) would be also an indication of you driving style? Not sure if there's a formula for calculating the range from which ever number but doesnt look like its the tank average l/100km.

From experience it might be calculated based on maybe the last 30min of l/100km rather than tank average.

I got to work yesterday with 18km left on my range (work to home is about 15km). So I thought I would make it home without the range reducing to 0. After getting in the car after work and starting it up, the petrol engine started (as usual on a cold start) and the l/100km reading shot up to 30 for the first few minutes. All of a sudden, my range dropped from 18km to 0 and did not bounce back up. I ended up driving home with a range of 0 all the way :unsure: but I did make it home. I decided to not go any further and filled up straight away when I got home (filled up 36L). Odometer reading was at 733km which wasnt even my best mileage.

So ..... conclusion, I do think that even after your range hits 0, you prob still have about 15% of fuel left which at my consumption rate would still take me 100-200km - in this case I still had 9L left in the tank which should take me 150km.

Wow that app looks pretty cool! I have been using docstogo in Excel to keep track of my usage. What app is that?

I have been filling up around 35-36L as well. You must be driving yours down quite a but close to 0 as well.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-trip-lite-mpg-mileage/id299392794?mt=8 :)

Yeah, I'm at 0 pretty much every time I fill up.