Mileage....

Just wanna check with other RX400h hybrid owners whether they getting the mileage as claimed by Lexus ie 8.1l/100km?

I travel mainly on highways...cruising but still getting close to 9.5l/100km

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the club!.

From my experience, Lexus claimed figure is quite accurate. On a recent day trip of 300km of mostly highway roads, I reset the trip counter before departing and at the of day, my figure was showing 7.8L. Around the burbs, I'm averaging between 8-8.5L. I use mostly of the time Premium 98.

Higher octane fuel is proven to give you better mileage, cleaner engine and smoother running. Best of all, I get great power when I put my foot down and it's..hehe... addictive :).

Mine just says..."unleaded petrol".

However, I have read some reviews and the specs indicates that 91RON petrol is standard. Anyway I will use 98RON next fill up and notice the difference...price-wise and performance :unsure:

I got 8.6; / 100kms on my last tank.

Does anyone eles RX400h wander quite dramatically when accelerating flatout from rest ?

I put my foot down for the 1st time on one of the freeway entrances where you stop at a red light and then cars go 2 at a time - and the RX was all over the road. I recently had new tyres and a wheel alignment and tyre pressures are good.

I am wondering if it is to do with the 3 motors all trying to work in harmony ? I was having trouble keeping it in the one lane - it didn't pull left or right - it pulled both.

Is this normal ?

thanks

Digger

There is a bit of torque steer as there is alot of power being chanelled to the front wheels if you floor it. The severity depends on road condition and steering angle. If you floor it from stand still in a straight line (wet or dry), it should not wander as per described.

• 1 month later...

Living in a hilly area, in my RX450h, I get on average 9l/100km city and 8.6l/100km on the highway.

Also, having previously owned a 2007 RX350, can confirm that the RX450h suffers from torque steer when accelerating hard. I believe the RX350 splits the drive roughly 50:50 between front and rear wheels, while the RX450h is primarily front wheel drive. Never had issues with hard acceleration with the RX350. Also, the electic motors puts on more torque faster, which doesn't help. Agree with Lexo, to date I have only noticed the torque steer kick in when turning (e.g pulling back into your lane as you complete overtaking a vehicle, or accelerating hard just prior to coming out of say, a right hand turn) not in straight line acceleration, which I have tried on the Monash freeway entrance ramps.