Hi all

Just had my 60,000km service and have come across a few issues. The service itself cost $635 and they've advised of the following:

1. Brake pads and disc rotors have about 3000km left. Cost $767 to replace inclusive of labour.

2. L/H rear drive shaft and R/H rear drive shaft leaking from 'o' ring - Approx $2500 to fix. Dealer has submitted out of warranty consideration to Lexus Australia.

Anyone come across this? I would never have thought that a well maintained 5 year old vehicle which has only done 60,000km to have any of these issues. Is it major or am I just overly concerned because of the quoted price? I'm leaning towards getting aftermarket brake pads/disc rotors however not sure what should I do about the whole drive shaft?

Any suggestions?

The rotors on my IS with 50k need changing as well, so it seems like that's all the kms you can get out of them. I was looking a doing it myself and the part will set me back $400-500 so $767 seems reasonable especially if they are using OEM parts. Are they going to change the whole diff for that money? I can't image it being more that couple of hours of work + 2 x $50 seals, but it could be a more complicated job than I think. Here is what it takes to do it:

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/IS_05-12/rm0153e/repair2/html/frame_rm000001rhx003x.html

• 1 month later...

They mentioned that I could replace the 'o' ring however this isn't guaranteed to solve the problem. Has anyone had the same issue with the whole drive shaft requiring replacement? Lexus Australia have come back saying they are prepared to go 50/50 on replacing the whole drive shaft.

The rotors on my IS with 50k need changing as well, so it seems like that's all the kms you can get out of them. I was looking a doing it myself and the part will set me back $400-500 so $767 seems reasonable especially if they are using OEM parts. Are they going to change the whole diff for that money? I can't image it being more that couple of hours of work + 2 x $50 seals, but it could be a more complicated job than I think. Here is what it takes to do it:

http://bahamutcars.f...001rhx003x.html

Yes the $2500 is to replace the whole drive shaft.

Hi all

Just had my 60,000km service and have come across a few issues. The service itself cost $635 and they've advised of the following:

1. Brake pads and disc rotors have about 3000km left. Cost $767 to replace inclusive of labour.

2. L/H rear drive shaft and R/H rear drive shaft leaking from 'o' ring - Approx $2500 to fix. Dealer has submitted out of warranty consideration to Lexus Australia.

Anyone come across this? I would never have thought that a well maintained 5 year old vehicle which has only done 60,000km to have any of these issues. Is it major or am I just overly concerned because of the quoted price? I'm leaning towards getting aftermarket brake pads/disc rotors however not sure what should I do about the whole drive shaft?

Any suggestions?

Hi I've read your post regarding your brakes.. Are you in sydney .? I'm a qualified mechanic and would def do your brakes for bout half of what they have quoted you.

Richieisf

Hi all

Any suggestions?

Hi I've read your post regarding your brakes.. Are you in sydney .? I'm a qualified mechanic and would def do your brakes for bout half of what they have quoted you.

Richieisf

I'm located in Brisbane. The brakes are no biggie for me. I'm more concerned about the rear drive shaft...