Hi guys,

Big thanks to Danny for installing the Takeda cai for me yesterday, and also my HIDs :)

Just wanted to share, its alot of fun and feels great....love the sound too...

One thing I have noticed after alot of fanging, the egg smell seems to have gone! (i used to get it really bad)

thanks

Z

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

Big thanks to Danny for installing the Takeda cai for me yesterday, and also my HIDs smile.png

Just wanted to share, its alot of fun and feels great....love the sound too...

One thing I have noticed after alot of fanging, the egg smell seems to have gone! (i used to get it really bad)

thanks

Z

Sorry to bring up the old post.

Hi Zed, i want to a get a intake. Any chance you could provide some feedback of your Takeda intake?

Why would you choose this over the F-sport one ?

Am still thinking either to get the F-sport or Takeda one. Or maybe K&N ..lol

Hi guys,

thanks

Z

Mine smells everytime ii turn on the air conditioning but goes away after awhile. Anybody know the reason why?

I can't comment too much on the takeda intake as I don't have that one but I would say the main reasons that you would get this intake over the f-sport is the sound and the cost of the takeda is much cheaper than an f-sport.

I've got the f-sport intake and it makes a little bit more noise from stock but I'm just going off the youtube clips i've seen and it seems that the takeda one is a little bit louder(or maybe its just all in my head).

the reasons i went with the f-sport was that i got it on sale from sewell and i got it shipped over here relatively cheaply compared to what sewell normally charges.... and i really like the OEM look utilising a panel filter inside a box rather than having a pod filter like the takeda uses (yes i know the covers will cover it up anyway but it's technically not completely enclosed).

I can't comment too much on the takeda intake as I don't have that one but I would say the main reasons that you would get this intake over the f-sport is the sound and the cost of the takeda is much cheaper than an f-sport.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes. The reason why i prefer the Takeda one just becoz of the cost, and obvioulsy the noise as well. I believe there is no intake for IS can generate the noticeable extra power even tho they claim there's something like 5-10 extra hp on dyno test. But i dont really believe it.

With the takeda one, i thought the cover thing can really seperate the heat. So.......any chance the performance will be affected (esp the hot day in summer.....) i really don't want to have a better and more aggressive noise, but the car is actually slower...lol

Sorry i'm away on leave currently, so lack of response....

the takeda sounds amazing when u go beyond 3K rpm, sounds like a v8, lovely sound.....to be honest gives me much more responsiveness too, after driving it than a standard is250 (courtesy car) the standard feels really slow! could be placebo affect who knows.....Peter who sold it to me said he got an increase in the dyno run too with it....

Also if u want to drive quitely and luxury style u can easily do so, but when u want some sound and fun can get best of both worlds....compliments the invidia mid pipes great :)

by the way comes with a heat shield too...hope that helps

if u can wait till Jan, i can demo it to u

• 4 months later...

Hi guys....i finally installed the intake. What i can say is....money well spent. I love the noise. My 350 sounds so aggressive now when its 3000rpm +. Luckily i don't have the bad smell as some ppl claimed....
Performance wise ? lol.....honestly, not even 0.111111111 HP is gained i would say.
For those whose after the intake (for noise), i would recommend this.

btw.....how often do i need to clean the filter? When Lexus services my
car, do they clean it? i dun think they would touch any after market
parts. rite ?

Hi guys....i finally installed the intake. What i can say is....money well spent. I love the noise. My 350 sounds so aggressive now when its 3000rpm +. Luckily i don't have the bad smell as some ppl claimed....

Performance wise ? lol.....honestly, not even 0.111111111 HP is gained i would say.

For those whose after the intake (for noise), i would recommend this.

btw.....how often do i need to clean the filter? When Lexus services my

car, do they clean it? i dun think they would touch any after market

parts. rite ?

I doubt they will but also when your car is due for the major service and to replace the air filter, make sure they dont charge you for a replacement air filter since they there is a after market intake there.. =D