Hey guys, so theres this sweet deal for Apexi exhausts from this place my friend showed me. Its a 4inch tip 5 inch canon (sorry if what i say there doesnt make sense, i dont really know anything about mufflers). So what i want to know is, if i get it installed i will have sound from it for sure. BUT will i lose power? Has anyone done a custom exhaust aswell? Does it lose power? My friend took the same exhaust and chuck it onto his 2011 lancer and it felt alright, I dont really feel the lost power. Im only asking this because i kinda did the same thing with my 5 series before. Where i bought an exhaust that not SPECIFICALLY made for the car (universal) and the lost was dramatic. and i dont want it to happen to my is250. So does anyone know? And is $160 too much just for installing the exhaust?

Cheers.

Stick with an off the shelf axle back muffler set up specifically designed for the 250. Badly designed universal set ups can drone & effect power.

Stick with an off the shelf axle back muffler set up specifically designed for the 250. Badly designed universal set ups can drone & effect power.

Understood :) I'll need to save up then for a HKS Hi-pwr or for a Megan Axle Back. At the mean time i think I'm going to do a resonator delete just so i get a bit of sound now :) i know alot of people have done it, and im wondering if it will lose power. I have tried to find out but couldnt find a thread where they actually talk about power loss. So can anyone tell me if I would loose power by deleting the resonator and replacing with straight pipe? Thanks

IMO you won't really notice the loss in power and it's not like the 250's are fast anyway. but each to their own. if you just want a nice sound try finding someone with the Apexi already on a IS250 or even 350 so you have a clearer idea what the sound will be like. that's the downside of universal mufflers, not knowing what the car will sound like.

also. i have a resonator delete on my car and it's noticeable from the outside of the car (kinda sounds like stock BMW exhaust, just a quiete, nice crisp sound) i would get muffler delete aswell, but it's way too loud, espically as i'm on my P's and coppers already pick on me for driving a Lexus on my green P's, dont really need that much more attention. Ideal would be either a single pipe straight pipe and put on a rear bumper from a IS220d from europe, or cover one side of the bumper, but that's too much effort just for an exhaust IMO. i'm gonna wait till i can find a good deal on a used exhaust somewhere in sydney haha

IMO you won't really notice the loss in power and it's not like the 250's are fast anyway. but each to their own. if you just want a nice sound try finding someone with the Apexi already on a IS250 or even 350 so you have a clearer idea what the sound will be like. that's the downside of universal mufflers, not knowing what the car will sound like.

also. i have a resonator delete on my car and it's noticeable from the outside of the car (kinda sounds like stock BMW exhaust, just a quiete, nice crisp sound) i would get muffler delete aswell, but it's way too loud, espically as i'm on my P's and coppers already pick on me for driving a Lexus on my green P's, dont really need that much more attention. Ideal would be either a single pipe straight pipe and put on a rear bumper from a IS220d from europe, or cover one side of the bumper, but that's too much effort just for an exhaust IMO. i'm gonna wait till i can find a good deal on a used exhaust somewhere in sydney haha

Hey Lehman, thanks for your input bro. I dont want sound when im driving normally, i just want the sound to come in when i start the car (cit cit cit VRUOOM!! :D) and when i floor it. Do you have any videos that starts from the start of the car? I mean, the videos of a resonator delete i found started with the car started up already.

Yeah i know what you mean with the coppers lol. I always panic now when a cop stares at my front kit. lol. Nearly got caught on the first night i had the INGS kit installed. Long story short was, i was waiting to come out to a main street and the cop passed me from the main street. The cop at the passenger side had his eyes wide open looking at the bottom of my car then it slowed down as it passed me, I continued to the main street and they were infront of me nearly slowed down to a halt, i saw a car space on the side of the street and head in there and switched off my lights, that when they increased speed and left. Im pretty sure if i was to pass them that night i wouldve gotten done.

wow thats pretty low!

As for exhaust, don't worry about loss of power. I don't think it will be enough to bother you. Plus its not like you bought the car for speed anyways.

If you ever come up to sydney, you should listen to Chris' car. Sounds pretty good, but silent on the cruise.

i'll make some video's soon, but my license is suspended at the moment, but i should be able to do a few runs down my street, but all i have to record is my iphone. also check out my youtube videos

^ that's with the exhaust unbolted, just after the resonator, so basically resonator AND muffler delete + my intake, so its pretty *BLEEP* loud. (also, i redlined 2nd a bit in that video LOL)

wow thats pretty low!

As for exhaust, don't worry about loss of power. I don't think it will be enough to bother you. Plus its not like you bought the car for speed anyways.

If you ever come up to sydney, you should listen to Chris' car. Sounds pretty good, but silent on the cruise.

Thanks bro. I scrape everywhere i go. Haha. Im planning a road trip to sydney with 2 of my friends. Hopefully we will end up going :D but i think i will have my resonator delete my then. Hehe

i'll make some video's soon, but my license is suspended at the moment, but i should be able to do a few runs down my street, but all i have to record is my iphone. also check out my youtube videos

^ that's with the exhaust unbolted, just after the resonator, so basically resonator AND muffler delete + my intake, so its pretty *BLEEP* loud. (also, i redlined 2nd a bit in that video LOL)

Hey lehman. Thanks for the vid man. Sounds really good without exhaust. Haha. U atill have ur intake? Sell me to me once youre bored ;)

hey haha. here's a quick video i just did outside my house tonight

thats first, second and third gear. and me giving it full throttle. thats how it sounds from the outside with Fujita Intake and Resonator delete (the exhaust was bolted tonight.) sound's pretty beast IMO haha

Hey lehman. I really appreciate your effort in giving me the idea of how a resonator delete sounds like. It sounds awesome :) definitely doing it to my IS once im back in the country :D

• 2 weeks later...

after owning a wrx with alot of work done and a exhaust system that was louder then god throwing thunderbolts at earth, i cant bring myself to getting a exhaust on my is250 just doesnt soundloud enough - if it sounded like a v8 after i would consider it

thanks for the videos