Aristo Manual Conversion

i have looked through all the posts and notes already and havnt been able to find anything about a manual conversion but just incase there is something already that i have missed please dont flame, a link would be most appreciated.

anyway with that out the way would it be difficult and very expensive to convert a 2JZ-GTE aristo into a manual using parts from a manual supra.

i would keep the original auto engine in the car and just source a manual gearbox, flywheel, clutch, manual starter, clutch master and slave cylinder, hydraulic lines for the cylinders and the pedals.

also what i am curious about is would i need a new tailshaft and could i use the tailshaft from the supra or would it have to be custom.

thanks, tim.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I can't comment on your car to much as I own an IS200 which I have converted into a 2JZ which a getrag 6speed.

I found this post on a the supra site I hope it help.

You would need a custom tailshaft. Since the gearboxes are very hard to find (trust me) I would jump on this one as it is quite cheap. I paid $6800 for a brand new one.

The gearboxes are expensive so I do feel (based on this gearbox) you would be paying in the area of $5000.

Good luck.

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=10451

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Im just about to do this conversation on my aristo (probably swedens first aristo tt). I have some contact with a guy from UK who has this conversation on his car, but unfortunately he havnt recieved it from Japan yet.

I know that there is lots of bits to change/put in, but do you really need a custom tailshaft? As im gonna tune the car quite alot after the conversion im thinking about buying a cusco LSD or something like that, but do i need to custom-make the shafts?

Still searching for a gearbox...

• 1 month later...

That would be me then. I've had a quick look at the underside of mine now which is no mean feat as its only got an inch of ground clearance. It looks however like it does indeed have a customised drive shaft. I'd have thought diff wise you could get away with a mk4 supra LSD. Mine has a tomei 2 way adjustable jobber as its been setup for drifting.

• 1 year later...

I'll drive a 160 (automatic) and converted to manual. YES yo need a custom tailshaft. I modified my automatic one to fit the manual gearbox as it's a cheaper alternative. but gonna chuck the automatic gearbox. so far it still holding out. Clutch wise i'm using the pedals from an old altezza manual and also for the handbrake. The whole conversion sets me back around USD$7000 inclusive of the supra halfcut purchase. it's a 98 manual with vvti.

many people will think that i'm mad, to give up luxury for the manual conversion. but it's worth it. Now savingmy moneyto buy the valcampro from hks to revive my vvti.

• 3 months later...
I'll drive a 160 (automatic) and converted to manual. YES yo need a custom tailshaft. I modified my automatic one to fit the manual gearbox as it's a cheaper alternative. but gonna chuck the automatic gearbox. so far it still holding out. Clutch wise i'm using the pedals from an old altezza manual and also for the handbrake. The whole conversion sets me back around USD$7000 inclusive of the supra halfcut purchase. it's a 98 manual with vvti.

many people will think that i'm mad, to give up luxury for the manual conversion. but it's worth it. Now savingmy moneyto buy the valcampro from hks to revive my vvti.

Hey guys!

I am interested in the switch to manual from the A350E to R154. Seems like lexus aristo has done this already. Could you give me some more help on how you modified the shaft? longer or shorter? also how was the shifter position?

thanks!

if you have information, you can post it here, or email me at estebanw@uci.edu

thankyou