New Member, Toyota Mark X. Grx133 350S

Cuts

Hello all. You may be wondering why someone with Toyota's is signing up to a Lexus forum.

Well I'm currently in the process of importing Australias first Mark X. And my model in particular share a few parts with the current model GS and IS models.

I'll be interested to know about a few upgrades in the future, things like models I can swap a torsen centre for the diff from (Chaser, or perhaps Supra) and coilovers etc.

I also have a ST205 Group A Rallye, and a Daihatsu Mira as a daily.

Couple of sneak peaks

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

And the 205

powercruise6.jpg

Cheers mate.

Yeah same engine, 240kw 6 speed blah blah blah.

All the 2gr Mark X's run the same big 4pot/2pot brakes as the f sport gs350.

What do people do when looking to upgrade they diffs to lsd with is/gs 250/350?

Recommended coilovers?

It's so hard to find mark x specific stuff because they were only released in Japan.

those brakes are from the IS350 and also the earlier model GS350

so any brake parts from the 3rd gen GS350 and 2005+ IS350 will fit the X

im guessing for the diff your going to have the same diff as our cars probably a different casing at max

Diff's available are

OS giken

Cusco

for the coilovers

i know the GS/IS share the same coilovers

but im not too sure about the X

best bet will be HKS or Tein as most big jap sussy companies have worked on the later model X

Yep yep that's the conclusion I have come to also.

Yeah I reckon it's the same diff.

gearbox is A760E and diff is A01A.

Anyone got an IS or GS to compare?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No real updates, SEVS are being jerks and dicking me around, moving the goal posts. First they say all we need is a email scan of the magazine article, then weeks later they say na we need photocopies, then weeks later they say nnnaaa we need the actual magazine article itself.

Quick question, anyone going down the forced induction route?

Has anyone done an ECU for us yet, I know HKS have an f-con (piggy back) I think.

Naturally there is the TOMS one that goes with the Modellista supercharger kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Car is on it's way, left Japan on Monday, will be in Aus in two weeks.

Currently looking for an F sport intake and LSD. Looking into supra options.

the A series diff was also the small diff option in JZA80s, which came in both open and LSD.

Now when looking at the OS Giken web site the part number for the Mark X diff is the same as the JZA70 AND JZX90/100/110 series Chaser/Cresta/Mark II

Going back over it the OS Giken only lists the 1st gen Mark X not the second like mine is.

Out of interest it says the part number for the IS350 is different to the IS250 (which is the same as the earlier mark X, and the above cars)

the IS350 one is TY391-HC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cuts,

I also have a Mark X, but I am still in Japan and want to bring it back. (under 1 year ownership so I can’t do personal import)

As far for the ECU there’s not much that can be done with stock ECU, as it is from Denso and locked, piggy back is the only way, but that has it limits also. As for rear diff, not to sure, I would have to check out the part numbers at work. Since its a new car the options are limited at the moment.

Also to note, you only can turn off the Traction control, but the stability will always remain on.

When I asked aound it was going to cost heaps just to get the compliance done on it.

Just wondering which work shop this is going through? And what they estimate for the compliance?

Yeah Toyota/Denso ecus are a prick like that, even ones back as far as early soarers and GT-fours cannot be cracked, they either need piggy backs or be replaced all together.

The diff is a *BLEEP* one. My mate has a JZ161 Aristo that now has a 2 way, I'll take mine out and put in the stock LSD from that and see if it will fit, look at half shafts etc.

Yeah that's a bit gay, about the stability control, most of the late Toyotas are the same.

Awesome, what model is yours?

I'll keep the garage and the price withheld until mine is finished with compliance, once it's done I'll pass their info onto you so you can do yours. Yours will be cheaper than mine though.

Yeah, forgot to mention that I actually work for Toyota at the head office, so I can see all part numbers and drawings for any car.

I have the pervious generation Mark X. I was already on the SEVS listing. But when I asked about compliance most workshops said it would cost too much and didn't want the work. As they usually buy the compliance package/evidence.

Most of the compliance cost is emissions testing as there are only a few certified places that can do it. (Some where in the range of 10k)

Anyways thanks, I have to return to Aus in 2 month. So might have to sell the car in Japan instead.

Working for Toyota in Japan would be awesome.

Yeah the grx12* is already on the SEVS allowed list but as you know no one has done the compliance. After mine has been done and a final price decided I will be sure to let you know so you can bring yours in. It will be a few months from now though.

The total cost of just the emissions testing alone is far north of $10k.

Working for Toyota in Japan would be awesome.

Yeah the grx12* is already on the SEVS allowed list but as you know no one has done the compliance. After mine has been done and a final price decided I will be sure to let you know so you can bring yours in. It will be a few months from now though.

The total cost of just the emissions testing alone is far north of $10k.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's in the country guys, currently in a workshop in Melbourne getting complaince done, it will be there for months before it comes down to TAS. I'm going over to visit it this weekend to have a look. Pretty excited.

1072255_10151749807227177_1110320496_o.j

Well gents I'm back from Melbourne, actually a bit glad to be back in a way, it's warmer in Hobart than Melbourne the last few days.

So I got to see my new bus for the first time. Instead of explaining my emotions....

1072564_10151778136846499_830229496_o.jp

945718_10151778136531499_1672995762_n.jp

Here are some pics I took, when I turned up it was stuck behind a few cars, we got it out and borrowed the trade plate and took it round the block. I didn't go over 60 so it's hard to gauge too much. What I can tell you is that the electronic throttle will take some getting used to, it's spongy initially but then gives better "feel" as you push it more down. I guess that's done to keep it smooth, you can buy aftermarket plug in devices to sharpen up response.

The electronic steering is good too, when your low speed small turns of the steerer means more on the wheels, and the opposite happens when you speed up. Also has pretty good lock for a big car.

The head unit is unfathomable, also the radio only goes up to 90, so won't even pick up triple j down here. Naturally the TV is out too, I'm going to look at getting that changed. A couple I met through work a couple of weeks ago said they will help me with translating stuff (the wife has only just moved here from japan and the husband used to work for Denso doing translations)

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

htfghjtyjghjyurtk.jpg
Also looked under the car and found mine has the optional Modellista suspension installed (lower stiffer springs, better shocks but still electronic adjustable)

The guys who runs the compliance place just happened to be out when I was there so I'll call him tomorrow to touch base as we didn't get to have the meeting we intended to have,

That's about it for now guys, enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Got the tyres put on this morning, what a mission that was.
So I started work at 11:45 this morning so I thought ill get there by 9, heaps of time to put them on.

So I arrived at the nominated tyre shop and had stern words with the owner (whom I have known for a while) and said I wanted him to put the tyres on. He was cool with that. We started with the fronts, put the wheel on the machine and realized I had left the valve stems at home. So I drove home and got them, got back and started. Fronts when fine were balanced (needed fnck all weight).
Chucked up the rears, put in the valve stems, sat the tyre on, we looked at each other and realized that tyre wouldnt fit, I was sent two 18" tyres.
I called my tyre guy and told him what happened, he got back to me a few minutes later, the invoice was correct but the warehouse sent the wrong ones. The warehouse and I agreed to meet and exchange tyres in half an hour. So went and waited for the new tyres, did the swap. Got back, chucked them on, then I had to go home and drop them off, I wasn't leaving nearly $5k worth of wheels and tyres in a car at a shopping centre. I had to change into fresh work clothes because I got tyre scum on them, made it to work with 1 minute to spare....winning.

yjhjkuhjk3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...