Celsior Registration/compliance Issue.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 1990 Celsior which was previously registered in ACT, and looks like was imported through QLD (has a blue qld MOD plate).

I just ran the car over the Dickson pits to get inspected and was knocked back on a few things which i need clarification on. (i have pictures :) )

inspectionreport.jpg

As you can see:

Nil English Tyre Placard

Nil English Tune Up Specs

Nil Vehicle Handbook with Child Restraint Handout

Below, pics of the "non english" stickers attached to my car:

Tyre Placard

TyrePlac.jpg

Located on Underside of Bonnet 1

bonnet1.jpg

Located on Underside of Bonnet 2

bonnet2.jpg

Located on Underside of Bonnet 3

bonnet3.jpg

Located on Underside of Bonnet 4

bonnet4.jpg

I have just spoken to a friend who thinks it would have come in under the "15 year rule" (of which i dont really know the details) and they are just being pains in the bum....

i didnt get any original or import documentation with the vehicle, so he has suggested i go through QLD to see if they can supply so that i dont have to address these issues.

Otherwise, do i have to get these English stickers? and how do i go about finding them, and the "Vehicle handbook with Child Restraint Handout"

(i have just realised some of my pictures are rotated. Sorry)

Thanks Pals,

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

No replies? :( that's a bit sad.

PLEASE HELP.

I definitely have to get these stickers in ENGLISH. one option is to go to Lexus and order them, the other is to have a Sticker shop print them off for me.

Can someone PLEASE take photos of the stickers pictured above on their LS400's and post them up here? I am pretty pro using drawing/design software, so it wont take long to have them all finished and ready to print.

• 5 months later...

If the car was previously registered in QLD or another state then none of those things matter. The shop has done an 'engineering' check on your car rather than a check for roadworthy condition items as prescribed for registration purposes.

Take it to another shop.