Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2012 IS350 F Sport and I wonder if those with the same vehicle could tell me if their nav units have the feature to bluetooth stream music? My research on the net seems to indicate that all 2010+ ISx have BT streaming but most of that info is from the states and I wonder if it's different here.

My head unit doesn't seem to have the BT option at all.

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your purchase, you will love the car.

The IS250/350s do come with the bluetooth streaming for the MY13 update.

To see whether you have the bluetooth streaming or not, if your navigation unit has 3 buttons under where you load CD. It should come with the Bluetooth streaming.

If your navigation unit has 4 buttons labelled (AM, FM, Disc, Aux), it is the older system that doesn't come with bluetooth streaming.

The newer system (MY13) has 3 buttons instead of the older system which has 4 (MY11)

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the quick reply... it would seem I have the older unit then. I guess the US guys have a better deal when it comes to upgrades to the unit. It's a shame, all I really wanted to do was play spotify in my car but everytime I turn on spotify on my iphone 5 (via usb), the unit may play for a bit or crash. Even when it plays, if I use the steering wheel buttons, it will immediately go back to the iphone's onboard music.

And thanks for the congratulations, I do love the car and an F Sport intake has already been fitted just for that little bit of noise :)

I bought a blackberry bluetooth stereo gateway that I have connected into the audio input in the arm rest. The whole unit and power supply sits in there out of the way. Whenever I start the car it automatically pairs to my phone and is available via the AUX button on the sound system. I have had this working for the last 3 years on my 2007 IS.

=

I bought a blackberry bluetooth stereo gateway that I have connected into the audio input in the arm rest. The whole unit and power supply sits in there out of the way. Whenever I start the car it automatically pairs to my phone and is available via the AUX button on the sound system. I have had this working for the last 3 years on my 2007 IS.

Thanks for the suggestion. I too have considered this but I was hoping to use the steering wheel controls for tracks etc but this may be my only option..

Yes. Only downside is the lack of control from the steering wheel.

I have an App that I use when the phone is in it's cradle. It plays music in a full screen mode (can easily see artist and cover art) and allows you to easily swipe left or right if you want to advance to next song, or go back.