1gfe FORGED PISTONS?

Hey guys I'm building the 1gfe out of my is200 and looking at places to get some forged pistons and head studs can anyone point me in the right direction I'm based in sydney 

• 5 weeks later...

Pike, I've been looking at the same thing myself..not easy - there are not alot of parts around. IK Engineering in the UK has rods and pistons (not cheap), https://www.ikengineering.co.uk/product-page/lexus-toyota-is200-1gfe-piston-rod-kit

I have been told quality bits though.

If you can convince him to do a deal on 2 sets to Aus I'd go in with you - although I have tried to get a cut price and he has not budged!

Paute Rods apparently make some that fit the GFE  pauter.com/shop/rods/lexus-toyota-scion/toyota-1g-fe-and-lexus-is200-rods/  again not cheap. I was thinking of going these with standard GFE pistons. With a decent tune, I am sure the standard pistons would take lots of boost (I want to go at least 1.2 bar).

What are your plans?

• 2 years later...

hey guys, just an update if anyone knows where I can find forged rods and pistons in Australia, or anywhere else that can post to Australia without costing an arm and a leg?

If anyone knows any custom shops that are not too expensive that would be helpful aswell.

Just looking at forging my 1gfe and can't find much at all. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated