New Member in Sydney with ISF

Gav Saf

Hi there,

Recently picked up this 2013 ISF  with just 40k km's on the clock

IMG_0742.thumb.JPG.4acbcdf603ecd8781f1552c4bd5f555d.JPGIMG_0744.thumb.JPG.a6ef56ae9f2e63951f29476bd927d53f.JPGIMG_0743.thumb.JPG.127c9f77c09fbdc87265a2f1e88bf8c0.JPG

Of course trawling through these forums I'm now salivating over what mods to move forward with but obviously on the photos the exterior bodywork needs a bit of a tidy up. Not sure if that scrape on the front drivers side in the photo is within the realms of a detailer or whether it needs a body shop. I'd appreciate any thoughts on that. Once that is tidied any thoughts on ceramic coatings? Seems like Opticoat or a Crystal Serum seem to the be ones used most. I'm in the Inner West of Sydney.

Finally if there are any Sydney meetups for F series cars I'd love to find out some info. on those.

Thanks,

You should join the ISF/RCF/GCF Club on Facebook, it's mainly Sydney based. Ceramic coatings are definitely good, but they seem to be the most beneficial for people who rarely clean their cars as most of the time you can just get away with a good hose down to get it looking somewhat clean again. Otherwise, standard detail with a wax/sealant will do just fine and still give great results.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, choppyshrimp said:

You should join the ISF/RCF/GCF Club on Facebook, it's mainly Sydney based. Ceramic coatings are definitely good, but they seem to be the most beneficial for people who rarely clean their cars as most of the time you can just get away with a good hose down to get it looking somewhat clean again. Otherwise, standard detail with a wax/sealant will do just fine and still give great results.

Thanks Choppy, I'm not a Facebook user but I'll sign up and join