Hi all,

Wondering if anyone out there has installed one of these Tesla style android units in their IS? 

https://rhinoradios.com/products/lexus-is-250-is-300-is-350-2005-2012-10-4-vertical-screen-android-radio-tesla-style

Looks like a very neat setup from the photos and unlike a GROM Vline this unit takes control of all the systems related control that's required like A/C controlled etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, Slopshua said:

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone out there has installed one of these Tesla style android units in their IS? 

https://rhinoradios.com/products/lexus-is-250-is-300-is-350-2005-2012-10-4-vertical-screen-android-radio-tesla-style

Looks like a very neat setup from the photos and unlike a GROM Vline this unit takes control of all the systems related control that's required like A/C controlled etc. 

This looks pretty good and a really good price too! Are you thinking of buying and installing it? Its 

There is a seller on gumtree selling these similar Tesla style screens (but possibly from another manufacturer and brand) fully installed. I was quoted over $1700 plus extra for Apple Car Play (wifi and internet capability) and full integration with OEM navigation and audio system.

Looks almost like an OEM install which I like

Yes thinking about buying and self installing. The only thing I dislike about my ISF is the clunky and dated infotainment system. A tesla style screen would also make the interior look slightly less dated in my opinion. There's really no functionality of the OEM system that I need to retain tbh. Plus with one of these Tesla style units you can get a Bluetooth obd dongle and display a whole range of cool data on the screen. 

Been reading over at the American forums and looks like people are having success with these units when installed in 200 series LandCruisers and LX570's. Sounds like there's a bit if fiddling around getting the OEM amplifier to place nice which I assume would be the same in our cars but doesn't sound like anything that can't be overcome. 

• Like 1