NX450H+ 12V Battery Flat

Laurie

I've owned a NX450H+ for nearly 1 year now. So far been very pleased except my 12v battery went flat recently without warning and this closed down all systems. I was forced to get NRMA in to charge & start the car. This worries me as the local dealer cannot give an explanation as to why. I can only assume because I drive distances locally of less than 100km I tend to be on keep it on EV all the time and this is not allowing the engine to charge the 12V. There is no warning of a low charge on the battery. I now only drive with AUTO switched on as a precaution, assuming this will give the 12v a charge when needed. Has anyone else had this issue??  Lexus should warn drivers of this problem!

• 8 months later...

I took delivery of my new Lexus NX 450h+ 4 weeks ago, obviously I read and watch YouTube regarding NX stuff, I came across this guy on YouTube from Canada talked about his NX 450h+ with flat battery, I thought it might help, this is the link to his channel