Driving Light

Golden Eye

Hello,

Golden Eye here,

Has any one managed to fit a LED light bar or driving lights to an NX300 and get it to work according to Victorian road laws? Mine is a 2017 make with LED lights all round. I have managed to get the LED light bar to function with out any errors showing, but at this stage I cannot control it with the high / low dip switch. I thought I had found the appropriate fuse to tap into in the engine bay fuse box on the LHS. What I presumed was the correct fuse is not part of high beam through the the dip switch.

Can anyone help me find the correct fuse, or wire that I need to tap into to gain control of the light bar, so it is legally wired?

Any help, support or directions will be gratefully appreciated,

Golden Eye

• 7 months later...

I have Xenons in mine but I also have not yet had a look how thay are wired.

What I have done in the past is find the wiring loom to the lights and isolate out the one with 12v on it when lights (high beam) is on. I then use that wire to feed a 12v relay .

The relay has its 12v power line from battery/fuse box . The other side of relay contacts go to the aux lights.

Hi Darren And Bazzle,

The NX300 proved to be very challenging to fit driving lights. Like Bazzle, in the past I have found a high beam light wire and used it to run a relay to link in the driving lights. The challenge proved to be the CANBUS electrical system that runs LED headlights. An excellent mechanic and I tried finding a high beam fuse, but there wasn't one, and to make it worse, there are two sets of fuses under the bonnet that are identical. I ended up buying an XBB kit that uses a dongle in the OBD2 terminal to read the high and low beam lights on. This was then programmed to send a Bluetooth signal to a Relay under the bonnet and this is called a power unit. With this Swedish unit the driving lights synchronised with the vehicle high / low beam and worked perfectly except for one thing, I could not turn the driving light off and just use the NX high beam. To overcome this issue, and to make the driving lights operate legally, I then bought an XBB Smart Button to link in with the dongle and permit turning off the driving light and still maintain the NX high beam. This button also turns the driving light back on when the NBX lights are on high beam. With this system there is no wiring done inside the vehicle and the relay (power unit) is wired in exactly as you would wire in any normal relay for for lights. If you are interested in learning more about the XBB system, do a search for XBB. I cannot insert the link as this dialogue box will not permit me to. There is Swan Hill firm the markets the bits and its name is Ultra Vision Sales. The NX300 high beam lights are now fabulous, not just good as they used to be. Another advantage to the XBB system, is that you can easily take the important bits with you and program them into another vehicle that has CANBUS lights.

Golden Eye