My New Intake System Updated

B) Hi All:

Had a post a couple weeks back on the open element AEM Intake...but what i don't like about it is that it sucks up too much hot air and it's too loud for my taste...so now I m going to go with this Area51 Intake (Enclosed element) with black Box (Black Box is a hardware that connects to the ECU on the air floe changes) something like that... :ph34r: anyway...it has been dyno on this intake it gives 15 more hp at the wheel...:) they shipped it today so it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday...:D it sreally hard to find this intake these day because Area51 has gone bankcrupt and its hard to find one unless someone decide to go for a turbo or sell their car...

here are pics

Area 51 Intake

Matt (Will get a review when I recieve it) B)

Have a nice weekend guys!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Isnt the ECU the main advantage of this filter over say the injen? Same with the SRT. Otherwise you might need an SAFC

Yeah, its great!!! I mean in the beggining if I m looking for extra power I wont even bother spending this money...I m just looking for a better sound, but not loud like the open element intake, also just to dress up the engine bay a little bit, well I have to say it now sounds nicer, not loud at all, you can really tell the difference at high speed and wehn accelerating...I m pretty sure it give under 10hp at the wheel, the gears now change smoother, alot smoother...after the exams on thrusday I will diconnect the battery and reset the ECU so it adopts the new intake, its all good, pretty happy to source 1 of only 50 in the globe before it went down (A51), well aznracers one has been a accident so theres only 49!!! :lol: anyway, yeah I can feel more power from 2000-3500rpm...but nothing much when starting and at high rpm...well I m going to sell the air ecu back to the US, someone will pick it up...i m pretty happy with the price I paid not counting shipping (no one told me to live in NZ)

PS - Thanks to Keith for the install and the coffee :D, wish you have a nice trip to aussie....

Matt