Apexi Rsm Installed

Well, after waiting for many weeks it has finally been installed. Here is one of the pics:

final.jpg

As you can see, I mounted it in the JDM dash tray so that it can be hidden when not in use. It is mounted using a hinge which allows the meter to fold up and down. No cutting of the tray nor dash was required to route the wires. All I did was drill 3 small holes to attach the hinge securely.

The G sensor is located underneath, which just happens to be a perfectly flat surface.

Installation was more difficult than expected because the ECU is in the engine bay (rather than in a kick panel) and so the wiring loom had to be extended. So be aware that it will not be a 1hr job (which is what i originally thought) if you are going to an autoelectrician :(

Settings used:

40P

Tire 115%

Weight 1950+drivers weight+70+20(extra)

Overall, looks brilliant, especially at night. Lots of useful info, and very fun to use.

More pics of the hinge, etc in my sig

Is this the RSM that over rides the speed and rev cutouts in the factory ecu? Does it also monitor the acceleration etc? what else does it do?

If it does all this it seems like an essential mod to me.

What did it cost you all up Lextcy?

Yes, this is the RSM that can over-ride the speed limiter, but the IS300 doesnt come with a speed limiter as far as I know. The Altezza however definetly does.

It can be used to measure 0-100 times, 1/4 mile times, and a heap of other stats too. Theres a full list on the Apex website:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/meters.asp

I picked mine up from Ebay for about $330

Last time i checked there are a few meters for sale still

Thats $330.00 Au... They are available in Auckland also,through us at $500.00 fitted.

They do G forces f/r and l/r, distance times,speed times,braking times, power output,power loss through wheelspin, etc.... too many features to list here.

Essential to monitor what effects the mods you do have to performance.

I have one installed if anyone want to check one out in a car(nz) before purchasing.

:gav:

Cheers guys

Gavin I would be very keen to check it out some time. I think it will be my next purchase.

I cant have the engine cutting out at 190km/h down the back straight at pukekohe :D

where are you situated? what day would you be free?

• 9 months later...

is the g sensor and also the stand included with the normal retail product?

just curious as there is a guy selling limited ed. apexi rsm's but the g sensor and stand are optional extras... sounds like it is "limited" after all..