Yes Im back, late last year all my posts disappeared for some unknown reason. Anyway hope everyone has had a great Xmas break.Yes I have got problems with our standard factory CD unit, I cannot get the CDs out of unit and it comes up with error 3 (which I understand is a common fault)If any of you Altezza owners can help it would be much appreciated.See ya

Yes Im back, late last year all my posts disappeared for some unknown reason. Anyway hope everyone has had a great Xmas break.Yes I have got problems with our standard factory CD unit, I cannot get the CDs out of unit and it comes up with error 3 (which I understand is a common fault)If any of you Altezza owners can help it would be much appreciated.See ya

You can get it fixed for around $250 - $550 NZD...the best solutions is to talk to Gavin about a new head unit, I get get them cheap here, but I knwo nothing about them :(...you will need a din which I m the man to ask...it might cost more at the beggining but atleast you will never have to fix it again...

Matt :D

I cannot get the CDs out of unit and it comes up with error 3 (which I understand is a common fault)

Haha - dude I had this exact same problemo yesterday. I had 6 CD's loaded which were fine for a while. Then in the middle of changing from one disc to another it came up with this err. I did a bit of googlizing and found these two bits of advice (straight cut'n'paste):

1. You can reset the cd player and cause a reboot of the thing at the same time by removing the fuse marked radio1 in the fuse box under the bonnet. The radio presets should remain and the cd player will perform a reboot after which all should be ok.

2. '98 and '99 CD players give trouble. Lexus changed models after then. They ERR 3 when you put the 6th CD in, so, we only ever load 5 cds.

The first part fixed the problem - it reset my CD changer, and I could hear the changer reloading the discs. After that I was able to eject them all (phew!).

I don't know about the second part (only loading 5 CD's) but I am going to follow this advice until I can afford to change the headunit (maybe to a DVD player / LCD screen :) ). Anyways, when I bought my car (a fresh import just landed in the country) there were still some Japenese music CD's in the player - and there were only 5 of them. So I'm guessing this may be a common workaround.

Like Matt says the best long term fix is to replace the thing.

Hope this helps.

Franco

Sorry to hear about the CD players guys, I actually had no problems with mine for the time I had it and thought that the sound quality etc was awesome but since I had a couple of $ worth of stereo from my last car I ended up chucking it in etc.........

It sounds like most people just get new head units but if you can minimise the problem then why not keep it!!!!

everyone seems to have the factory 6disc changer? mine came with the factory single disc CD and MD player with that frame thing if you know what i mean

My problem with the CD player is that it doesn't let me put any CDs in, it goes in half way, pauses, then the CD player spits the CD out.. -_-

im now stuck with MDs and its a pain in the ass having to dub CDs to MDs :-- \

need to save up for a new player i guess.. MP3 ones should be the way to go..! :-- D

Thanks all for your replies FRANCO I did what you suggested and took the fuse out and I managed to get all the cds out GREAT. From now on will only load 5 cds Thanks again for your help DEZZA ;)

hey bro, no problemo. I'm glad it worked out for you. It's sounds like a known problem with a known fix, maybe this should go under a troubleshoot section somewhere. Cher cher

Franco