Ok - More Newbie Questions...

I've had my "new" wheels for the last 3 weeks or so. It drives fantastic - I love it. Drove up the line last weekend (Wellington to Mangakino) for some wakeboarding, and was very happy with performance on the open road run ;) heh

Ok, now I have this snow button thing. I press it, it starts snowing ( :lol: haha just kidding). Seriously tho, what does it actually do? I had a similar button on my previous car Subie Legacy, which I believe was used to prevent wheel spin when starting off on a slippery surface (aka snow). Is that the case with this thing? Do all Altezza's have this feature? If so, how often do you guys use it ?

I also have some nice green wiring under the bonnet which connects up to a smallish "connector" box thing with the brand name "Splitfire" on it. Does anyone know what that is all about?

Lastly, when I bought the car, the dealer told me I had aftermarket HKS springs, which I took their word for. I had a flat tire on Monday (a nail) and while changing it discovered that they were not HKS, but APEXi N1 (coilover?). Does anyone know much or have an opinion on them? All I can really tell you now is the ride is "firm" and is great going through tight and fast corners :P

cher cher

Splitfire is a grounding kit.

Congrats with the Apexi N1 coilovers. Although these are illegal in New Zealand, these will dramatically improve the ride of the car (and make it much stiffer and uncomfortable ) The good thing is that you can adjust the height ride of your car.

Splitfire is a grounding kit.

Congrats with the Apexi N1 coilovers. Although these are illegal in New Zealand, these will dramatically improve the ride of the car (and make it much stiffer and uncomfortable ) The good thing is that you can adjust the height ride of your car.

ok - sweet, thanks for the reply HK. Not sure what the grounding kit is useful for, I remember reading about them in a previous post somewhere.

Anyways, the APEXi suspension - it's illegal? I wonder how did got through a VIN/ WOF? Tho there is an additional certification plate attached in the engine bay referencing the suspension. I'm not up with the play mod laws etc, it's bound to be covered off somewhere. In terms of comfort - it's definately very firm, but I wouldn't call it uncomfortable. I guess it's all relative really. It definately handles corners way better than my last car :)

The snow button thing - yep, spoke to some mates and they tell me it's basically the same thing as the one in my Subie.

Geez, there seems to be a lot of mods my car...I guess I shouldn't be complaining... :huh:

about the suspension, i heard from the WOF dudes next door to my work that coilovers can pass WOF now, as they changed the law in november. I think that means, you don't need a cert? I think I should double check to make sure, as i don't want to give out wrong info.

The snow button, haha i use that when i'm in a traffic jam with people in my car, so when you put your foot down on the accelerator in first gear, you get less pull and it feels more comfortable to the passengers. and i have never used it on snowy roads.

i guess the TRC button is used most often right? hahah :P

The Snow Button is a waste of time. It basically enables you to control your Clutch/Revs in bad conditions to limit wheel spin.... it doesn't work!

Apexi Coilovers eh? Average price for copilovers in the UK are around £1200 so you got yourself a cracking set-up there mate... :)

The Snow Button is a waste of time. It basically enables you to control your Clutch/Revs in bad conditions to limit wheel spin.... it doesn't work!

Apexi Coilovers eh? Average price for copilovers in the UK are around £1200 so you got yourself a cracking set-up there mate... :)

£1200 ? That's roughly $3500 NZD ! oooo weee ! now dat's what I'm talkin' bout! :lol: cher bro.