Upgrading To Larger Wheels

Hi,

Im am looking at fiiting 19inch rims on my Soarer and was wondering if anyone else has encounted any issues with performing this on a Soarer with air suspension ?

My particular concern would be whether putting 19's on will affects the air suspension system ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You will find that size of the rims doesnt matter but width of them does. I know of some soarers with the right offset they have fitted 20" wheels and 18x10 wheels in the back and 1 extreme case of 18x10.5. Though i am unsure if these people have had to do any changes most but likely no changes were needed. I have also heard that on some cases the wheel rubs the air bag which is not good at all.

Any mag store would be able to see if you will encounter problems fitting the wheels you want, you should aslo make them aware of you concern. Usually there are no problems if the offset is correct.

What wheels you thinking of fitting and what size eg 19x8, 19x9, 19x10???

Thanks for your reply, I havent decided on the width yet.

I was thinking 19 x 8's initially but I read that some ppl run 19x8 on the front and 19x9's at the back, but these soarers are in the US so they dont run the airbag suspension.

I will prob. run 19x8's all around.

I would recommend that size too. 1, because there will be probs with that size for sure and 2, Its wiser to have them all the same width as then you can rotate the wheels to get even wear and last a little longer.

When you decide let us know what style you are going for so we can all see.

• 3 weeks later...

I have on my soarer 17"8 at the front & 17"9 at the rear, i had 17"8 all around but the extra inch at the rear makes a huge difference, in looks and especially in the performance, it sticks better and grips the road so you get the kick back -wooow.

i would suggest you at least get a wider rear tyre !!