New To The Group

hi me carlo just got a altezza this saturday and its already having problem like the water vapour gettin into the light and also somehow the small lights already fried not working.

just want to ask how much does it usuali cost in nz to change the lights to blue head light and small blue led for the small light because i want to change it.

also does anyone know how much it is to get the fog lamps by the front bumper?

and another thing anybody knows how much it is in nz to get body kit and the aeromax spoiler for an altezza?

sori for askin so much stuff for the first time. because reali want to get some stuff for my car.

thx

Hey Carlo,

Welcome to club, for your problems...first of all how many headlights are affected? Toyota New Zealand usually charges around $1100 for each headlight...But I can source them also from Japan for around $350 Each...or if you are keen a got a set of new stryle Lexus ones sitting in my garage waiting for uninstall...if you need any help with them let me know as I can source anything from Japan. And please Tell us more baout yourself and your fancy new ride! Enjoy our site.

Matt :D

There is a wrecker in Hamilton with about 4 Lexus/Altezzas, so he should solve the foglights for you.

Matt can solve the headlights if you want to change them, and sort out a kit for you.

You could take the foggy one out and put in the hot-water cylinder cupboard for a day or two, or check it after driving for a few hours one night. Once it is dry you'll have to seal any cracks or seams with silicon. The headlights are plastic, not glass.

Someone else had this problem a while back, so do a search of the posts for "headlights" I suppose. You could check our sister-club in the UK for leaking headlights also, as they have thousands of posts about problems there.

Still, little problems in a great car!

Welcome in!

keith

There is a wrecker in Hamilton with about 4 Lexus/Altezzas, so he should solve the foglights for you.

Matt can solve the headlights if you want to change them, and sort out a kit for you.

You could take the foggy one out and put in the hot-water cylinder cupboard for a day or two, or check it after driving for a few hours one night. Once it is dry you'll have to seal any cracks or seams with silicon. The headlights are plastic, not glass.

Someone else had this problem a while back, so do a search of the posts for "headlights" I suppose. You could check our sister-club in the UK for leaking headlights also, as they have thousands of posts about problems there.

Still, little problems in a great car!

Welcome in!

keith

The wreakers in Hamilton is a good idea, only problem is that their prices are what it cost for me to get new ones from Japan!!! Depends how badly your headlights are..there are different solution to overcome the problem...some went for Black Headlights and soe just tried to fix it! I had condensation on my headlight before and got it replaced...

Matt :)

hi carlo!

i had water vapour in my head light before. somehow it dried out in the sun (i park outside at home) and then i got some window seal silicon or whatever you call it to seal the edges up (just where the tube could reach, as i didn't remove the bumper to seal the bottom edges of the headlight). and its been fine since. unless you wanna go for the black housing headlights, you could try the sealing method :--)

the small blue LED, i got mine for 20$ or somethin and i'm sure i got ripped off... <_< and the blue headlight bulbs are quite common, even repco got them (havn't tried them though) and they are 9006s if im not wrong. they are around $NZ 60-70 for average ones

and welcome to the club B) !

Jason

:D thx guys.

ok just to answer kiddo my dvd player is from eclipse and it includes a tv and a gps system although the gps is no use in NZ wasted! but anyway it can play dvd md cd and av system.

r u sure the small blue fog lamps r onli about $20 because from wat i heard its quite expensive.

wat about blue halogen head lights anybody hav some cheap ones tat i can hid off? or anybody know how much they cost to buy from nz?

thx for the reply though

wish can meet all u guys soon!

i thought u meant the small little blue LED park lights (i think thats what they are called) and not the fog lights..?

if you're talkin about the LED park lights, i got those for 20$ or so. and the fog lights, i don't really know how mcuh.

the blue halogen head lights (low beam, 9006) are about 60$-70$

sorry about the confusion :--)

Jason