Thinking About Getting An Altezza, Help Needed

Hi, does anyone know what is the differences between the normal RS200 and the L and Z edition? Also is qualitat better? because I've seen qualitat come in 4 and 6 cylinders. Thanks

Also if you were to buy an altezza, would you get the 6spd or the 5 speed tiptronic with steering button changers?

And is the sat-nav screen any good? can you use it to connect your own say dvd player or other video input?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Anyone?

Please give some advices.

I am from NZ, I would also like to know if 2003 and upwards Altezzas comes with HIDs?

(I want to get a 2003 or above Altezza since its got the facelifted Modelista dash).

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

Please give some advices.

I am from NZ, I would also like to know if 2003 and upwards Altezzas comes with HIDs?

(I want to get a 2003 or above Altezza since its got the facelifted Modelista dash).

Thanks in advance.

Can someone please give me some advice and info.

• 2 months later...

Speaking regards 1998-200 models - the RS200 is much nicer than the IS200 to drive with the added power. I think the Z model has a body kit - which you may or may not prefer. For doing skids you're going to want the manual, but I'm really happy with the triptronic. To be honest I don't use the gears too much except for decelerating on twisty turns. The 'power effect' seems to be a nice addition to the auto mode driving giving noticeably better acceleration whilst still very smooth.

When I drove a manual RS200 I found it jerky and pretty much same performance so it was a no-brainer to get triptronic for me as I'm not into burnouts any more.

The Japanese ICE & nav etc doesn't work that I've seen, unless you know something that I don't. Hope this helps B)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info, do you know which years of the Altezzas comes with HIDs?

Speaking regards 1998-200 models - the RS200 is much nicer than the IS200 to drive with the added power. I think the Z model has a body kit - which you may or may not prefer. For doing skids you're going to want the manual, but I'm really happy with the triptronic. To be honest I don't use the gears too much except for decelerating on twisty turns. The 'power effect' seems to be a nice addition to the auto mode driving giving noticeably better acceleration whilst still very smooth.

When I drove a manual RS200 I found it jerky and pretty much same performance so it was a no-brainer to get triptronic for me as I'm not into burnouts any more.

The Japanese ICE & nav etc doesn't work that I've seen, unless you know something that I don't. Hope this helps B)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info, do you know which years of the Altezzas comes with HIDs?

Im not too sure, sorry