Has anyone added Bluetooth (aftermarket) to their Lexus? I have an IS250 (non NAV). I came across a website for Melbourne Lexus and they offer a Bluetooth package that can be installed. Has anyone used this? If so, can you give me any feedback on the product and its installation?

Thanks

Norman

p.s. Here is the link.

http://www.citylexus.com.au/default.cfm?section=6.2

Have the same aftermarket kit installed. When I ordered it, I thought I was getting the same sort of system that was incorporated with the factory fitted one, and hoped to fill the "dud" button on the right of the steering wheel where the factory fitted one is accessed. Not So!

However, the system works perfectly. I've used it on both my sharp and Nokia mobile phones, and it activates within 10 seconds of starting the car. Very clear and convenient. Probably couldn't drive without it now! Couldn't go back to the Blue Ant system again.

Issues:

A couple of times (had car since last October) the link between the car and phone dissapeared and had to pair it up again. This may be a Nokia issue rather than the actual blue tooth. Never occured with my Sharp phone.

Must turn aircon off, or at least lower the fan speed if air is blowing out of the windscreen vents, as you cant be heard properly because the microphone on the top right of the windscreen picks up the 'wind noise' from the air coming out of the windscreen vents. I usually just kill the aircon when answering a call because its the fastest option available. Applies to hot days, especially within minuites of entering a hot car and the aircon is going full speed to cool it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi last1.

Have just ordered the same kit from CityLexus Melbourne for installation on my non-NAV IS250. Was told by the people at CityLexus that the kit is a plug and play system and thatb any installer can install the kit. I now have two problems :

1) My installer is unable to install the kit as the box do not really give a detailed step-by-step instruction on where everything goes <_<

2) Where on the dash do you install the "dud" button? Am a bit concerned about destroying the trim as it involves drilling

Please enlighten me if you can, otherwise I have ended up with a 500 dollar kit that cannot be used in my IS250 :angry:

Thanks.

Chris

Have the same aftermarket kit installed. When I ordered it, I thought I was getting the same sort of system that was incorporated with the factory fitted one, and hoped to fill the "dud" button on the right of the steering wheel where the factory fitted one is accessed. Not So!

However, the system works perfectly. I've used it on both my sharp and Nokia mobile phones, and it activates within 10 seconds of starting the car. Very clear and convenient. Probably couldn't drive without it now! Couldn't go back to the Blue Ant system again.

Issues:

A couple of times (had car since last October) the link between the car and phone dissapeared and had to pair it up again. This may be a Nokia issue rather than the actual blue tooth. Never occured with my Sharp phone.

Must turn aircon off, or at least lower the fan speed if air is blowing out of the windscreen vents, as you cant be heard properly because the microphone on the top right of the windscreen picks up the 'wind noise' from the air coming out of the windscreen vents. I usually just kill the aircon when answering a call because its the fastest option available. Applies to hot days, especially within minuites of entering a hot car and the aircon is going full speed to cool it down.

1) My installer is unable to install the kit as the box do not really give a detailed step-by-step instruction on where everything goes

Mine was installed prior to me picking up the car, and seeing it only had 4 km on the clock when I picked up the car, Lexus must have had an installer come in to do the job.

2) Where on the dash do you install the "dud" button? Am a bit concerned about destroying the trim as it involves drilling

The "dud" button I'm referring to is on the steering wheel. Right hand side just above the "DISP" button. It looks like there should be an operative button there (there is on the SATNAV model).

The button I use to operate the phone is about the size of a 20c coin and sits just to the left of the gear selector on the centre console. When I picked up the car, I asked

'what's this?'.

"It's the blue tooth you've ordered".

"Why isn't this button on the steering wheel like the demo model I drove?"

"Because it's an after market install".

Hope that helps. Why don't you ask Lexus for the contact details of the installer who's done their previous jobs?

Hi last 1.

Thanks for your feedback and assistance on this matter. My problem is that my IS250 is in Malaysia and I got the bluetooth phone kit from CityLexus Melbourne by mail order. The person there told me it's a plug and play system and that ANY installer can install it. The truth couldn't be that far from it when I tried to get the Lexus Malaysia to install it for me :P Anyway, the latest update is that they have managed to figure out how to install it, but subject to confirmation.

Can I perhaps trouble you to send me a picture of the installed button on the gear selector in your car so I can direct my installer here to install it at the same area? Thanks.

BTW, you have any major complaints about the kit? Does it work well within the car? You are getting the voice from the other side through the right or left footwell speaker?

opus

1) My installer is unable to install the kit as the box do not really give a detailed step-by-step instruction on where everything goes

Mine was installed prior to me picking up the car, and seeing it only had 4 km on the clock when I picked up the car, Lexus must have had an installer come in to do the job.

The "dud" button I'm referring to is on the steering wheel. Right hand side just above the "DISP" button. It looks like there should be an operative button there (there is on the SATNAV model).

The button I use to operate the phone is about the size of a 20c coin and sits just to the left of the gear selector on the centre console. When I picked up the car, I asked

'what's this?'.

"It's the blue tooth you've ordered".

"Why isn't this button on the steering wheel like the demo model I drove?"

"Because it's an after market install".

Hope that helps. Why don't you ask Lexus for the contact details of the installer who's done their previous jobs?

BTW, you have any major complaints about the kit? Does it work well within the car? You are getting the voice from the other side through the right or left footwell speaker?

No complaints other than the original comments I posted above. Sound coming through the speakers is superb! Seems to come from everywhere just like the SatNav version.

post-2353-1207653440_thumb.jpg

post-2353-1207653450_thumb.jpg

Greetings last1. Thanks for the photos. Will keep you posted once it is installed.

No complaints other than the original comments I posted above. Sound coming through the speakers is superb! Seems to come from everywhere just like the SatNav version.