Does Dvd Player Mod Void Insurance/warranty?

• 1 month later...

When i bought my is250 i asked the salesman. He said that if you have an accident and they find that you had a dvd playing then chances are you wont be covered. Im not sure how they can prove it if you eject the dvd though!

Nick

When i bought my is250 i asked the salesman. He said that if you have an accident and they find that you had a dvd playing then chances are you wont be covered. Im not sure how they can prove it if you eject the dvd though!

Nick

If you were incapacitated in hospital due to the accident your loved ones may not think that ejecting a DVD was all that important and that is what the insurance assessors would rely on to try and avoid payment.

Thanks for the responses all. It seems like its probably not worth the risk, coupled with the fact that I think i might damage an air vent or the woodgrain when i try to take it out to do the mod.

for anyone interested in getting this mod done i do it for $250.00. i've got an is250 myself and it's been done on that so you can see the results. i'm in sydney, msg me if interested.

personally i don't watch dvd on the move but it's good for the passengers.

for anyone interested in getting this mod done i do it for $250.00. i've got an is250 myself and it's been done on that so you can see the results. i'm in sydney, msg me if interested.

personally i don't watch dvd on the move but it's good for the passengers.

Im not exactly interested in getting it done because im in melbourne, but i just have a question for you. Can you split the video input from the nav, so that you can put lcds in the back of the headrests?

• 4 weeks later...
HI ...I wanted to know if I were to mod the wiring loom at the back of the navigation unit on my Sport Luxury...does it void warranty or insurance?

it voids your warranty. dont risk it, the systems are $7000 to replace should something go wrong (it frequently does!)

• 1 month later...

it seems like not much gets done on these forums as everyone is scared of voiding their warranties.

i've got every hack avaialble for the IS250 done on my car and have had them for about two years and haven't run into any problems. i'm in no way implying that nothing will go wrong, just that if it is done with all due care by someone who knows what they're doing, this will minimize the risks.

i've also got lcd headrests with the video signal hacked from the factory ML system so yes this can be done.

niick,

you need the dvd hack done in order for the video signal to be passed onto the rear headrests otherwise it will only work whilst the car is parked, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I did the hack myself without any problems or permanent damage (terminated the cut wires with bullet connectors so it can be easily reversed). My main reason: I wanted to be able to use the phone dialpad unfettered. IMHO, it's far more dangerous for me to wrestle my phone out of my pocket to dial a number I know from memory. I know it's illegal to dial a phone while driving but I'm an adult with an accident-free driving history. I know it's an old tune now, but it's my decision - not Lexus'.